Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon VII -AMD Radeon 7. Anyone know if it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9 > need model # > See Rules
Graphics
RX 580
Anyone know if this works for any Hackintosh build currently?
Will it run Native or need some sort of Driver?

AMD's new card

As of last night's Mojave beta update there is native support for the VII! Geekbench OpenCL is RX-480 (top) vs Radeon VII. Faster but probably not at its potential yet. Plug and play for the X299 system is here. All games and programs working. No crashes (yet). Enjoy everyone.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 12.18.00 PM.png

I have the same hardware configuration with you (i9-7980XE+ Radeon VII). but it doesn't work! Davinci Resovle slower than Vega 64 and Final cut pro X crashes though Geekbench and Luxmark scores normal. What steps have you taken after updating to 10.14.5 Public Beta1?

As of last night's Mojave beta update there is native support for the VII! Geekbench OpenCL is RX-480 (top) vs Radeon VII. Faster but probably not at its potential yet. Plug and play for the X299 system is here. All games and programs working. No crashes (yet). Enjoy everyone.

View attachment 395958
Confirmed. It was plug and play with yesterday's update in my Asus Prime X299 Deluxe system. OpenCL bench comparison scores are of a RX-480 (top number - 127,645) vs the VII (150,426). I will play with it this weekend and update if any issues appear. VGTab also appears to open with this card. Games and everything else that wasn't working are now. Wish I had time to test right now to check for acceleration, etc. Just to clarify - the VII is in the system alone (no helper card).

View attachment 395959

View attachment 395960

View attachment 395962

Does this card works with Mojave 10.14.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back