Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Guys.
I need a little help.
I made hiMac by ModeMike and everything works tutorial as he wrote in february. I yesterday changed the card from RX580 to RX5700XT Red Devil, and when starting macOS it starts loading the system and in the middle of starting black screen and restart. I read the whole thread - agdpmod = pikera (second, slide = 0) in config.plist (EFI-> EFI-> Clover> config.plist) in the first place (second slide=0), in KEXT INSTALLER I added Lili and WEG (10.15) on EFI partition.
My iMac is - 19.1
i9-9600k,
ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING,
16GB RAM G.SKILL TridentZ
RX580 swap is 5700XT Red Devil.
Any advice?

Ok Guys.
I need a little help.
I made hiMac by ModeMike and everything works tutorial as he wrote in february. I yesterday changed the card from RX580 to RX5700XT Red Devil, and when starting macOS it starts loading the system and in the middle of starting black screen and restart. I read the whole thread - agdpmod = pikera (second, slide = 0) in config.plist (EFI-> EFI-> Clover> config.plist) in the first place (second slide=0), in KEXT INSTALLER I added Lili and WEG (10.15) on EFI partition.
My iMac is - 19.1
i9-9600k,
ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING,
Any advice?

Hi there.

Which version of macOS Catalina are you using ?

:)

<facepalm> 10.15.6 - last one.

Ok Guys.
I need a little help.
My iMac is - 19.1
i9-9600k,
ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING,
Any advice?

Put Lilu and WEG and any KEXT being injected by Clover in the Other folder, not in the 10.15 folder. I am using the Red Devil as well so it definitely works.

Nothing change. In other folder Lilu and WEG already there.

Ok. I figured out what was going on. EFI / Clover / ACPI / patched - SSDT from Vega64 was there. I changed to RX5700 and the computer started.

Okay, on a different barrel. The card buzzes strangely. When scrolling pages in Safari. This was not / heard on the RX580. The casing is open so maybe more sounds are coming. Anyone had something similar? There's silence on Windows.

I recently built my first Hackintosh, I'm using the Sapphire RX 5770 XT. So far I have managed to get one DP working and the HDMI port. I do however have three screens so I would be ideal to get a second DP working.

I have found that on 10.15.2 there seems to be some stability issues for me where buy it will boot up fine, but after 15 minutes or so the system will lock up and some graphical artifacting will occur and require a forced reboot. I have Lilu 1.3.5 installed. I haven't been using WEG. Any ideas why this is locking up ?
Hi Maverick, did you ever get your 3rd monitor working? Im still having trouble getting my third going. 1 HDMI + 1 DP is working fine though, but my spare 2 DP dont work at all. They work in Windows though so I know its not hardware.

Thanks!

Hmmm, I also have a problem with DP. 1 HDMI + 2 DP works great, but 3 DP not... I have a blackscreen from third DP (no matter if I connect only that port). Any suggestions please? Maybe iMac 14,1 not support third DP port?
Hey, did you ever get this working? IM having a similar issue.

I was going to post a new thread but maybe someone will see it here.

I just replaced my Nvidia 970 with a AMD/Gigabyte RX5700XT.
Did so originally in High Sierra then upgraded to Catalina.
It went well overall.

I use a 32" Sony Bravadia TV as a monitor. its very good but limited to 1080.
I use the built-in speakers which are rather good for my desk.
HDMI Audio worked after the HS to Catalina upgrade BUT when the Monitor is turned off the system loses the HDMI audio device. Its simply goes away and a restart of the system is necessary to get it back.
Every time the monitor goes to sleep or I turn it off this happens.
Ive never ran across this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back