Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I bought Rx 5700 xt from Asus rog strix. On Catalina is working out of the box. But on high sierra just says display 7mb. Tried couple of thing but it seems not to be working. Should it work on hs? Thanks in advanced.

Now things are getting a little bit messy. My installation was made with a gt 710. Doing some kext updates with hackintool, Catalina won't boot again. Doing some searches I started with a fresh installation.
And I cannot boot to the installer. I managed to update lilu and weg on the usb installer and using agdpmod=pikera I can get to the installer. Erase the drive as afps and the sistema starts installing and then reboots.
And here's where I enter into a loop. Every time I select install from Catalina it keeps installing the restarting and back to the same place.
Any ideas ?

Now things are getting a little bit messy. My installation was made with a gt 710. Doing some kext updates with hackintool, Catalina won't boot again. Doing some searches I started with a fresh installation.
And I cannot boot to the installer. I managed to update lilu and weg on the usb installer and using agdpmod=pikera I can get to the installer. Erase the drive as afps and the sistema starts installing and then reboots.
And here's where I enter into a loop. Every time I select install from Catalina it keeps installing the restarting and back to the same place.
Any ideas ?
Forget about his. I removed Al my hard drives except for the ssd and with adgpmod=pikera I managed to finish the installation. After multibeast no longer needed for boot.

I discovered something today that may help others. I was stuck on Catalina w/5700 XT for many days this week.

People have said before to make sure injectATI is set to false. There was nothing in Clover Configurator that indicated it was set to true, but in config.plist itself, there was nothing declared.

MAKE SURE you have an explicit declaration saying injectATI is false in your config.plist!

I discovered something today that may help others. I was stuck on Catalina w/5700 XT for many days this week.

People have said before to make sure injectATI is set to false. There was nothing in Clover Configurator that indicated it was set to true, but in config.plist itself, there was nothing declared.

MAKE SURE you have an explicit declaration saying injectATI is false in your config.plist!

Could you explain exactly how to add an "explicit declaration saying injectATI is false". I have the Inject ATI unchecked, but sounds like there's a bootflag or something I need to add in order to set it as false? Thanks

Could you explain exactly how to add an "explicit declaration saying injectATI is false". I have the Inject ATI unchecked, but sounds like there's a bootflag or something I need to add in order to set it as false? Thanks

Disclaimer: I'm a bit of a newbie so there's a chance that this advice is either wrong or unhelpful!

Open your config.plist in a text editor. Under graphics, look for 'Graphics'. In my case it looked like this:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
  <key>Inject</key>
  <dict>
    <key>Intel</key>
    <false/>
  </dict>
</dict>

Add an entry for ATI so it looks like this:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
  <key>Inject</key>
  <dict>
    <key>ATI</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Intel</key>
    <false/>
  </dict>
</dict>

Have anyone solved problem with cursor lagging every two seconds ? I have AMD RadeonPro W5500 (which is navi-based). It have the same problems which 5700 XT have.

Have anyone solved problem with cursor lagging every two seconds ? I have AMD RadeonPro W5500 (which is navi-based). It have the same problems which 5700 XT have.

Check your console to see if the GPU is restarting over and over. I do not have this issue with my 5700 XT and never have.

Check your console to see if the GPU is restarting over and over. I do not have this issue with my 5700 XT and never have.

Didn't see anything related to GPU/AMD in logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back