Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you boot without WEG? It isn't needed for a 5700 XT.

I removed WEG and removed `agdpmod=pikera`, still boots to black screen.
I tried HDMI and. all 3 DP ports but no luck either.

Someone mentioned I should try a frame buffer patch but not sure where to even start with that?

I buy sapphire nitro + oc 5700xt , update high sierra to catalina 10.15.1 with my old 980ti with bootflag nvsiable.
change graphics card using weg with bootflag agdpmod=pikera , smbios imacpro 1,1.
I use displayport with Lg 34” Uhd
work all flawless no errors.

I noticed you have a few RX580’s, can you tell me how much of an improvement the RX5700XT makes compared to the RX580? Specifically in 3D apps if you use them. Blender uses the GPU for Eevee (Cycles only CPU for Mac AMD) so if this performance would improve I will probably switch.
Thanks

I noticed you have a few RX580’s, can you tell me how much of an improvement the RX5700XT makes compared to the RX580? Specifically in 3D apps if you use them. Blender uses the GPU for Eevee (Cycles only CPU for Mac AMD) so if this performance would improve I will probably switch.
Thanks

RX 5700 XT is double in performance compared with RX 580.

The performance in Blender is very very bad, there is an addon from amd to use metal but the performance is worse than Evee.

Replace and block that DSDT from loading, take it out.

Attachments

• EFI-4.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 115
Thanks

the 5700xt is much more powerful than the 580, in tests like geekbench I only see that opencl is dead, I don't use blender and I wouldn't know how to tell you, I can do a test so you can see the comparison, what test should I use?

the 5700xt is much more powerful than the 580, in tests like geekbench I only see that opencl is dead, I don't use blender and I wouldn't know how to tell you, I can do a test so you can see the comparison, what test should I use?

Hey mate, yeah it is supposed to be twice as powerful, on paper!
In Blender could you test for instance the Car demo or other one of your choice and render in both Cycles and Eevee.
Cycles to see how my CPU is still doing and Eevee to see the difference between our GPU's. Do you use Adobe apps? Davinci? do you notice a difference anywhere in your system after switching those cards?
Thanks

Replace and block that DSDT from loading, take it out.

You want me to block the DSDT from loading? If so that will give me the afps loading kernel panic at boot..
Also noticed you have selected inject ATI and set an ig-platform for 0x19120000. Thought injecting ATI bad.

You want me to block the DSDT from loading? If so that will give me the afps loading kernel panic at boot..
Also noticed you have selected inject ATI and set an ig-platform for 0x19120000. Thought injecting ATI bad.

Try to block the kext and see what will happen this time.

Block the kext or DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back