Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Same trouble here, graphics card is running smooth and sending out signal over hdmi.
But only darkness over the DisplayPort connectors. Any ideas?
Running OpenCore + WhateverGreen 1.3.5
use weg 1.3.4 and lilu 1.4.0 with bootflag agdpmod=pikera.
Weg 1.3.5 no work for DP

I'm using WEG 1.3.5 over DP and it works.

Finally I found the solution to the black screen!, it was because in the folder library/extensions had installed old versions of WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts. You just have to delete the WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext from that folder and use the latest versions of both from clover.

I am good at both monitors (DVI and HDMI), but I have a problem with low graphics performance. In Geekbench 5, it only gives me 44000 points in the OpenCL test, which is basically at the RX580 level. Anyone know what to do? I have Gigabyte RX 5700 XT gaming OC card.

In Geekbench 5, it only gives me 44000 points
That sounds about right. Vega is still king and optimized for the OS I get about 52k with my tired 16gb Frontier card.
I just got a RX5500XT msi and its doing like 25k. phaaaaa, I'm returning it. I have a RX560 that's x8 and does about that. Anyhow was hopping for more from Navi.

On another PC where I have the RX570 it makes me a 38000 result. So I find 44000 points on the 5700 XT pretty little. Maybe Apple will fine-tune the drivers in the future and improve performance.

As I also understood, so far there is probably no way how to operate the integrated card with the RX5700? Because with Vega 64 it normally worked...

Last edited:
I'm having some issues getting two display ports to work at the same time, on Catalina. DP + HDMI works fine. Tried with and without WEG 1.3.5 and agdpmod=pikera. Card is Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT reference. Has anybody tried two DP monitors simultaneously?

Finally I found the solution to the black screen!, it was because in the folder library/extensions had installed old versions of WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts. You just have to delete the WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext from that folder and use the latest versions of both from clover.

I'm going crazy here trying to find a solution to my similar issue. I upgraded to Catalina straight from High Sierra through the traditional route via the App Store. I had an NVIDIA 1070 SC. To my surprise, that card isn't supported. So I buy the AMD Radeon RX 5700, because I read that it was plug and play supported. And now I boot to a black screen when loading macOS via Clover.

Here's what's driving my crazy: all the solutions are to go into the macOS and change out the kexts. But HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE KEXTS IN THE MACOS SYSTEM WHEN I CAN'T GET INTO IT?? Not a single post about this tells you how to inject kexts without getting into the macOS first. If I could get into the macOS first, I wouldn't need to update the kexts that are keeping me from getting into the macOS. What am I missing? It feels like redundant advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back