dart=0
agdpmod=pikera
shikigva=16
intel i8 9400f and amd radeon asus tuf rx 5700 xt oc
geekbench5:
metal: 65454
opencl:66370

can you do better in your opinion?

Hi team, I'm currently ordering my parts and the one thing I'm stuck on is the graphics card. I was set to go on the 5700xt (preferably the 'Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC' model) but dual (4k) monitors is very important to me and I've spent the last few hours researching this topic and cannot find a proper answer on this - Is it possible? I'm happy to put in the work but I don't want to order this expensive card if it's not going to be a possibility.

Hi there.... i am not able to get rid of the black screen after booting.
My old Card was 1070 ti and Setup with High Sierra was very easy... but now i changed my graphic card and tried to install Catalina (clean install).
My setup:
Mainboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming Intel Z370
CPU Intel Core i5 8600K 6x 3.60GHz So.1151
Graphic Asus ROG STRIX RT 5700XT
When I boot without the 5700, I can normaly boot into catalina... but with graphic card I stuck on black screen... tried the common bootflags like agdpmod=pikera....
Maybe you can help me to fix it and to tell me, what I did wrong...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
hi,

I’ll share my experience with my build (Asrock Z87E-ITX). I was running Catalina with a GTX 780. I bought a RX 5700XT and installed it but came across the black screen partway through the boot screen.

I read about agdpmod=pikera boot argument and inserted into the config file for Clover. It didn't work. After a lot of experimentation, I got it working. I had initially inserted the agdpmod=pikera argument into the middle of list or at the end.

The following didn't work:

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 agdpmod=pikera nv_disable=1</string>

or

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 nv_disable=1 agdpmod=pikera</string>

For me, it turns out I could get it working if the argument was the first item in the list for the boot argument and i removed the nv_disable=1 argument.

The following worked:

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>agdpmod=pikera dart=0</string>

I hope this helps someone with their installation of the 5700XT.

Cheers,

Donald

Thanks, but this didn't work for me neither... still hanging on black screen...
Any Ideas?

iGPU is disabled. I tried both. Should it be enabled?

Not sure if this one help. Seems to that FakeSMC works for me. The VirtualSMC made the black screen for 5700 xt

I use virtual SMC with my 5700 XT and do not have a black screen issue.

I use virtual SMC with my 5700 XT and do not have a black screen issue.
Than its dark side of the power ... well, seems that you have different type of MoBo then me and must4rd ... For my setup the only way to use the gpu is FakeSMC. VirtualSMC makes the screen lightblue with Weg and -wegoff its black ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back