Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace and block that DSDT from loading, take it out.

So I inserted that EFI folder you gave me removing the DSDT.aml file so it wouldn't load but it failed during the verbose output at 'Interfacemonitor:Configuresubscription Failed to add subscription'.

Fwiw: Did an experiment and loaded up 15.4 from the iGPU and didn't crash for anything. So its definitely an issue with the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. Maybe a Framebuffer issue. Need to read up on Framebuffers. Over my head.

Thanks

So I inserted that EFI folder you gave me removing the DSDT.aml file so it wouldn't load but it failed during the verbose output at 'Interfacemonitor:Configuresubscription Failed to add subscription'.

Fwiw: Did an experiment and loaded up 15.4 from the iGPU and didn't crash for anything. So its definitely an issue with the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. Maybe a Framebuffer issue. Need to read up on Framebuffers. Over my head.

Thanks

Replace with this and disable igpu in bios, remove dsdt.
Do a boot with WEG on and one with WEG off.

Attachments

• EFI-moheban.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 135
Replace with this and disable igpu in bios, remove dsdt.
Do a boot with WEG on and one with WEG off.

Should I get rid of agdpmod=pikera and the shikivga stuff?

I did it for you, agdpmod stays just in case, shikivga can be deleted (I did'it for yaa).

Ok. Didn't get good results in either case. With WEG it stalled out loading somewhere in between 'Applekeystore: Operation failed' and 'shared region' verbose messages. With out WEG instant KP. Not sure if iMac 1.1 is right for my configuration though.

Also was able to boot without WEG using Opencore however it stalled after 10 minutes or so crashed.

Last edited:
Hello guys!

So, i created my first hackintosh, all runing. I bought the radeon 5700xt 50th anniversary gpu and i want to install it in my hackintosh. I looked over and over again but couldn t find something clear on how to do it.

My specs are :

asus rog h370i motherboard
i5 8th gen with gpu integrated
ssd samsung m2 250gb
tridentz 16gb ram
and of course the radeon 5700xt 50th anniversary.

I attached my working EFI folder. Thank you for your answers :).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.9 MB · Views: 88
Hi
5700XT not displaying temperature. I Have tried fake & virtual SMC
Any ideas?
Thanks

Did you ever get your GPU temps working? Same issue as you

Did you ever get your GPU temps working? Same issue as you

As Chris says, Apple removed and so we wont see temps, clocks etc...

Hello guys!

So, i created my first hackintosh, all runing. I bought the radeon 5700xt 50th anniversary gpu and i want to install it in my hackintosh. I looked over and over again but couldn t find something clear on how to do it.

My specs are :

asus rog h370i motherboard
i5 8th gen with gpu integrated
ssd samsung m2 250gb
tridentz 16gb ram
and of course the radeon 5700xt 50th anniversary.

I attached my working EFI folder. Thank you for your answers :).

You are getting black screen, right? Try to add
agdpmod=pikera
to boot arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back