Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 580 & RX 570 Released!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the holiday I decided to refresh my original hackintosh from 2009 (maybe 2010). It was originally built with Yosemite using the following: GA-X58-UD3R, i7 930, 6x2GB RAM and ATI 5770 1GB on an SSD. I last left it off years ago upgraded to El Captain using clover and it sat unused (I built a new primary).

I wanted to see how far I can upgrade and here's how it went:
Day 1
1) installed latest clover changed type from MacPro 4,1 to iMac 17,1
2) upgrades El Capitan -> Sierra (no issues)
3) Sierra -> High Sierra (issues clover not finding disk, upgrade changed SSD boot to APFS and I used wrong driver UEFI should have used BIOS APFS driver for the older board, issue now fixed)
4) High Sierra -> Mojave (issues, ATI 5770 doesn't support Metal)

Day 2
1) purchase XFX AMD RX-570 8GB
2) install RX-570 and boot yes, black screen yes
3) clover mods to fix black screen using Screen Sharing to remote in FB Name "Orinoco", enabled "Inject ATI" and RadeonDeInit, but still had black screen using Apple Cinema HD Display via DVI and also tried HDMI with 1080p with Samsung TV. Strange that profiler would see it and show connected displays.
4) Tried DisplayPort from my main system AOC 34" wqhd, no go on display port, but lets try them all, and boom the middle display port worked and let me try bottom most display port near motherboard and it too worked. So lesson learned, XFX RX-570 only DisplayPort 1 and 2 from motherboard going up works. DisplayPort 3, HDMI and DVI ports no go.
5) High Sierra -> Mojave upgrade worked like a charm
Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 11.17.30 PM.png

Last edited:
After adding New discrete GPU (SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB ) and adding kext WhateverGreen.kext and lilu.kext recent update to efi/clover/kexts/other/ folder boot screen goes Black I tried 2nd step by adding to /Library/Extensions/ but same issue. On integrated HD 4000 works Fine.
Now How to fix THIS ISSUE ?

My system:-
OS MOJAVE 10.14.2
Z77 with i7 3770k
16G RAM
SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 256
@abhinasia

I have roughly the same build as you, did you ever solve your issue?

@abhinasia

I have roughly the same build as you, did you ever solve your issue?

Hey man sorry I have Nvidia GTX 1080 which is natively supported with drivers in High Sierra.
I sold my AMD card. But I believe now it has native support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back