Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 580 & RX 570 Released!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK thanks for the feedback! I tried many variations, still the same problem, this is to add some clarification:

1. Running UEFI BIOS with Graphics setting to AUTO (tried built-in first as well)
2. Removed platform-id 0x0166000a (tried with and without)
3. Tried Graphics->Inject->Intel=YES and Graphics->RadeonDeInit=NO (with Lilu & WhateverGreen)
4. Tried Graphics->Inject->Intel=YES and Graphics->RadeonDeInit=YES (without Lilu & WhateverGreen)
5. Removed Cuda and NVidia Web Drivers first and before doing any of the above.

I did a clean install of Mojave to a 240GB SSD at 10.14.0 with modded NVidia Web Drivers and it ran perfectly with an STRIX-GTC-960-DC2OC-4GD5 video card until the 10.14.1 update broke the web drivers for good. I thought about trying a platform change to a newer imac but I am so close.... The fact the RX570 shows up perfectly in System Profiler, has Clover boot options, Apple boot logo, and working in proper resolution until the progress bar completes, is strange. I can still VNC in no problem in any variation of the above attempts. I am currently using the HDMI port but have tried the DVI as well as my monitor has both. No DP connection or adapter so I didn't try those (3).
RadeonDeInit is no longer needed at all.
Post your Ioreg when using WEG and when not using WEG.

You need to test your DP connection. I have seen several people whose HDMI ports at black after boot.

I have RX580 as well, IGPU is enable BIOS.
I did inject intel and ig-platform-id (0x04120004) for my i5-4570
no whatevergreen.

I will keep it update for you guys!

Ok I have attached ioreg files with and without WEG. I will experiment a bit more and post again!

Attachments

• no WEG.ioreg
    9.8 MB · Views: 138
  • with WEG.ioreg
    9.7 MB · Views: 123
This morning I noticed if I boot with Integrated Graphics set to ENABLED instead of AUTO in UEFI BIOS the progress bar takes forever to load and when it finally does screen goes black and it never gets to the desktop (via VNC on my other Mac). This is with IntelGFX in acpi enabled and inject Intel in graphics section enabled. WEG and Lilu installed. Tried all the DP ports as well and still black screen.

This morning I noticed if I boot with Integrated Graphics set to ENABLED instead of AUTO in UEFI BIOS the progress bar takes forever to load and when it finally does screen goes black and it never gets to the desktop (via VNC on my other Mac). This is with IntelGFX in acpi enabled and inject Intel in graphics section enabled. WEG and Lilu installed. Tried all the DP ports as well and still black screen.

Are you using the correct Intel device ID and ig platform ID?

Macnb said to remove the ig platform ID (wrong platform). I am not sure what the correct Intel Device ID is for adding, I think its
0x102. I found info on the integrated graphics in the manual for the CPU (i7-2600) that said it was Intel HD2000 Graphics on-board but I can't find that in the drop down menu for ig-platform-id so I left it blank. I had "Inject Intel" in the Graphics section of clover highlighted as well as "IntelGFX" in Acpi section. Everything for graphics was set to AUTO in UEFI bios, but I tried every combination with no luck. The weird thing is I thought of rolling it back to my backup at 10.14.0 to see if the RX570 worked, but of course I couldn't see the boot recovery screen when booting (that's where it went black). I had a spare 1Tb drive and a GT630 card so I put them both in, booted to recovery mode with GT630 and restored 10.14.0 backup to the new HDD. Now it boots black until login screen from new HDD and GT630 perfectly. But get this - no web driver, nothing on the EFI partition. No Clover folder, boot folder, just an apple folder with nothing in it! Both video cards show up perfectly in profiler but as soon as I plug into the RX570 I get the beachball and it locks up. The white finder windows look a little washed out using the GT630, I am tempted to try the web driver (I know 10.14.1 breaks nvidia web drivers) but at least it boots to a monitor without having to screen share in. If I plug an HDMI into the RX570 at boot I can see Gigabyte splash screen and clover boot options, but it never boots fully if I use that port from boot.

Some of these older motherboard are Legacy bios only and can’t boot in UEFI mode. The RX cards have a UEFI bios and there are a few reports of the black screen most likely due to improper initialiaztion if the video card. The Gt 630 is probably the older legacy EFI boot mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back