Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 580 & RX 570 Released!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is recognised as "AMD R9 xxx 4096 MB" Metal is Supported

Let me guess, it is only shown as "supported" but not as Metal v2 right? Same for me using the exact same card :/

i am planning to buy sapphire radeon 570x is it supported in high sierra natively...will i have brightness adjustment at display panel . and text font size adjustment from small to large as in original imac---were it able to handle -2160p at 60hz thru hdmi port? please help

Good news to all X99 users! RX580 are now finally working without a helper card.

Just install the latest version of Clover, Lilu & WhateverGreen kext.

Tested on Sierra 10.12.6 & High Sierra 10.13

Got a question. I have the GTX 1070 and running High Sierra. I am using a lot FCPX for 4K video editing as well as Lightroom.

Would it make sense to change for the RX580? Would it give me a lot better performance, especially on FPCX?

Thanks!

My current work to get Asus x99-A with 5960X for 10.12.6, Gigabyte Aorus RX 580 works with Lilu and WhateverGreen in Clover\Kext\Other. BUT (BIG BUT) screen started shaking as i preview thru photos, random crashes. This card came out of Amazon warehouse deal under very good condition, dunno if it was fooled around. FCPX without any library, files crashed.

This X99A XFX 6870 Black Edition top DVI only was fine for FCPX.

Good news to all X99 users! RX580 are now finally working without a helper card.

Just install the latest version of Clover, Lilu & WhateverGreen kext.

Tested on Sierra 10.12.6 & High Sierra 10.13

also for users z170?

Got a question. I have the GTX 1070 and running High Sierra. I am using a lot FCPX for 4K video editing as well as Lightroom.

Would it make sense to change for the RX580? Would it give me a lot better performance, especially on FPCX?

Thanks!

I use gtx1070 amp extreme 8gb, and it's bad with premiere and fcpx, Timeline stops and shots, i decided to buy rx580 for the tests.

I use gtx1070 amp extreme 8gb, and it's bad with premiere and fcpx, Timeline stops and shots, i decided to buy rx580 for the tests.
Same here. Ditched my 1070 for the RX 580 and the difference is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back