Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 580 & RX 570 Released!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i make sapphire nitro rx580 8gb hdmi audio internal sound work? before i used nvidia 1060 work with voodoohda kext in efi/clover/kext/other... and installed voodoohda kext in S/L/E using kext utility...pleaae help

how can i make sapphire nitro rx580 8gb hdmi audio internal sound work? before i used nvidia 1060 work with voodoohda kext in efi/clover/kext/other... and installed voodoohda kext in S/L/E using kext utility...pleaae help
Depends on how your are enabling the RX580 graphics at the moment.
Options are :
1. Whatevergreen kext
2. custom SSDT for RX580
3. Clover DSDT fix (AddHDMI_8000000)

i used lilu kext and whatevergreen kext,voodoohda kext efi/clover/kext /other

i used lilu kext and whatevergreen kext,voodoohda kext efi/clover/kext /other
Remove voodoohda kext. Use AppleALC for onboard audio (works with almost all audio codecs).
whatevergreen kext should take care of your HDMI audio if you have GFX0 Device Object ID in your ACPI for your RX580.

i am planning to buy philips BDM4350u 4k IPS monitor with 2X DP version 1.2 and 2x hdmi version 2.0.. is it possible to make the sound work dp port with whatevergreen kext?The dp has 2160P @60hz

i am planning to buy philips BDM4350u 4k IPS monitor with 2X DP version 1.2 and 2x hdmi version 2.0.. is it possible to make the sound work dp port with whatevergreen kext?The dp has 2160P @60hz
Yes it should be possible. I get sound out of my DP ports. I do not use whatever green but a custom SSDT but whatever green does something similar to enable audio over DP & HDMI.

before i used lg 40 inches UHD tv as monitor but the text is not crisp ... my eyes got irritated so i decided to shift to philips BDM4350U 4k monitor..coz the sharp dropped in price

is there a program to increase the system font size while the resolution is maintained at 3840x2160?

I have a PHL BDM4350. Sound works over dp. I use whatevergreen. Awful sound BTW, speaker(s) is/are crap.
hi-- i already bought bdm4350 the hdmi is ok but the display port can connect only at selected resolution.. is this has something to do with the dp cable used ...the cable came with the unit and i used DP #2...your bdm43650 came with a remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back