Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 580 & RX 570 Released!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the VDADecoderCheck shows Hardware acceleration is fully supported. As Smallersen mentioned above, I still does not have Metal V3 support.

Hi shuhung,

thanks a lot. After exchanging info.plist in AppleGVA VDADecoderCheck now shows "supported".
(Is there a way to do this with Clover Patch? This is the only Non-Vanilla modification I use)

On my x99 system it also seems that Metal 3 is supported. I use RadeonDeinit without any SSDT or ACPI-patches. Also GFX0 does not seem to be necessary, it is still H000.

View attachment 307495
x99-580-pdf.307494

Hi Smallersen,

Can you please share your EFI folder or Config.plist as I have X99 system but I never able to get Metal 3 support. Thanks.

Can you please share your EFI folder or Config.plist as I have X99 system but I never able to get Metal 3 support. Thanks.

Here is my EFi Folder. Removed themes and other stuff. Additional with Shiki included (H264 acceleration) for full Vanilla. No system modifications at all. Gives Metal 3 support on X99 system and RX580.

Thanks shuhung, H264 hardware acceleration with Shiki and shikigva=32 works flawless, without AppleGVA patch. It seems on X99 as Mac Pro 6.1 it is not possible in the moment to have Metal 3 and HVEC acceleration, from my very limited knowledge. Metal 3 support disappears when GFX0 is in use (Whatevergreen), with H000 you dont get HVEC acceleration (Radeondeinit).

Attachments

• EFI-X99-DX580.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
H264 Shared Failed using FCPX. However the VDADecoderCheck shows Hardware acceleration is fully supported.

Recently AMD H264 encoder is buggy, failed in Compressor, still function in QuickTime, but output video glitching or video dithering, useless.
Transcoding H264 to HEVC from QT is very good, also work in Compressor, speed and video quality will be lower but file size is smaller.

Here is my EFi Folder. Removed themes and other stuff. Additional with Shiki included (H264 acceleration) for full Vanilla. No system modifications at all. Gives Metal 3 support on X99 system and RX580.

Thanks shuhung, H264 hardware acceleration with Shiki and shikigva=32 works flawless, without AppleGVA patch. It seems on X99 as Mac Pro 6.1 it is not possible in the moment to have Metal 3 and HVEC acceleration, from my very limited knowledge. Metal 3 support disappears when GFX0 is in use (Whatevergreen), with H000 you dont get HVEC acceleration (Radeondeinit).
Thanks man, Finally. I got Metal V3 Support. But H264 seems to be buggy as mentioned by shuhung. What SMBIOS do you use? Do you able to export video h264 using FCPX? good hack.

Thanks man, Finally. I got Metal V3 Support. But H264 seems to be buggy as mentioned by shuhung. What SMBIOS do you use? Do you able to export video h264 using FCPX? good hack.

I´m not using FCP, don´t know. I use Mac Pro 6.1, this seems to be the only possibility for X99 to get full speedsteps and power.

Thanks shuhung - CPUFriend seems to be quite interesting, iMac seems to be a better SMBIOS for Radeon GPUs than Mac Pro. I´m wondering whether everything will work on X99 with iMac SMBIOS, difficult mainboard.

hi can anyone help me with rx 580 Asus strix is not even booting...only from Igpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back