Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have an AMD Radeon RX 560 in my Kabylake System with OS X 10.12.6 installed, but I don't get any HDMI or DP Audio working. In the Sound Settings I see myTV where the system is currently connected to but I get no sound. When I use the Intel HD 630 then I get HDMI Sound. I tried it also on the latest High Sierra Beta and there is the HDMI Sound working with the AMD Graphic Card. I don't know if this card is fully supported on 10.12.6. I have also attache my Problem Reporting Files.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 228
Hi there, sorry to bother you, but I have a HD 630, and I've been trying for days to get HDMI sound working on it. Can you tell me what you did? Keep in mind, I don't have a dedicated GPU, just the Intel HD 630.

Asked and answered, ASUS RX 580 Dual HDMI Audio/Post #2
and also @hitman478

Just incidentally I noticed only the other day that my Gigabyte RX 560 DOES output sound over HDMI in 10.12.6

I don't actually use it because my monitor speakers are very poor, but while doing something else noticed the option was now there. Tried it and it worked.

So is this just an ASUS-specific thing? Or has the whatevergreen kext worked its magic here?

hdmi.png

Here is a snapshot of my kexts/Other folder. The Intel kexts were put there so I could swap the original 1050 GPU during installation of the new RX 560 and use Intel temporarily.

HDMI2.jpeg

:)

Last edited:
I couldn't get it to work on 10.12.6 on my ASUS Board and with Whatevergreen.kext only on High Sierra it works OOB. Maybe Gigabyte implemented something different as Saphire.

I couldn't get it to work on 10.12.6 on my ASUS Board and with Whatevergreen.kext only on High Sierra it works OOB. Maybe Gigabyte implemented something different as Saphire.

Hi.

Yes I wondered about that too. I've just updated my post with a second grab of the kexts I used.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back