Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 550 - 560 injected with Opencore macOS Big Sur

<dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>device-id</key> <data>/2cAAA==</data> <key>revision-id</key> <data>xwAAAA==</data> <key>model</key> <string>Radeon Pro 560</string> <key>vendor-id</key> <data>AhAAAA==</data> <key>subsystem-id</key> <data>BAsAAA==</data> <key>@0,compatible</key> <string>pci1002,67ff</string> </dict> </dict>

Worked on an ASUS Radeon RX550 2GB, OpenCore 0.6.5. Thanks!

So, it took me hours to find out how to do it but well. Here is the solution for OPEN CORE 6.5 :

Note: I don't created any SSDT, these were the only step I made to make my Video Sapphire Amd Radeon Rx 550 Pulse, 4gb Ddr5 to work.

1 - Make sure your graphic card has a POLARIS architecture
Explanation:
If you are here, is because. your graphic card AMD RX 550 was recognize as a LEXA PRO, with very low graphic power. In my case it was recognized as 0x699F, with 14 Mb of vRAM. If your graphic card has POLARIS architecture, then we can proceed and we can fake the GPUs ID. Use google to find out if your GPU has a POLARIS architecture.

2 - Find your GPU ACPI path.
This is very important, because you can make you Hackintosh not boot up. In order to find out your ACPI GPU path, you can follow the dortiana guide. If your hackintosh has boot up, like in my case but with few vRAM, you can use "IORegistryExplorer" (GUI) and/or gfxutil (terminal). Both will give your ACPI path.

Note: I used the IORegistryExplorer to confirm the current path of my GPU, then used the gfxutil script, to just copy the path. In my case the path was "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)"

3 - You need to edit your config.plist
You can use any method to modify you config.plist, but I ended up using "OpenCore Configurator" from mackie100projects. >>> https://mackie100projects.altervista.org

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 21.00.02.png

• under Devices, click + and then paste the ACPI path
  • Then on the right, we need to add the proper values. As Key add "device-id", "model" and "vendor-id".
  • We need to use the proper device-id, you can find a list of the vendors id in here
  • On other forum, it was mentioned that the 0x67FF will work with my graphic card, so we need to change the values,
    • here is the tricky part: You can see at the picture, the vendor-id says FF67, this is because it seems that the fake id will use some SSDT structure to inject the fake ID, so long story short
    • We need to change the value, if we want the vendor-id = 67FF, we need to put FF67.
    • Same goes for vendor-id, if we want the vendor id to be 1002, we need to put 0210.
  • Save the changes, re-open the config.plist and make sure the changes are present
  • Reload and now you will have your 4GB instead 17Mb :D
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 21.30.12.png

Last edited:
So, it took me hours to find out how to do it but well. Here is the solution for OPEN CORE 6.5 :

Note: I don't created any SSDT, these were the only step I made to make my Video Sapphire Amd Radeon Rx 550 Pulse, 4gb Ddr5 to work.

Explanation:
If you are here, is because. your graphic card AMD RX 550 was recognize as a LEXA PRO, with very low graphic power. In my case it was recognized as 0x699F, with 14 Mb of vRAM. If your graphic card has POLARIS architecture, then we can proceed and we can fake the GPUs ID. Use google to find out if your GPU has a POLARIS architecture.

This is very important, because you can make you Hackintosh not boot up. In order to find out your ACPI GPU path, you can follow the dortiana guide. If your hackintosh has boot up, like in my case but with few vRAM, you can use "IORegistryExplorer" (GUI) and/or gfxutil (terminal). Both will give your ACPI path.

Note: I used the IORegistryExplorer to confirm the current path of my GPU, then used the gfxutil script, to just copy the path. In my case the path was "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)"

You can use any method to modify you config.plist, but I ended up using "OpenCore Configurator" from mackie100projects. >>> https://mackie100projects.altervista.org

View attachment 506525

• Then on the right, we need to add the proper values. As Key add "device-id", "model" and "vendor-id".
  • We need to use the proper device-id, you can find a list of the vendors id in here
  • On other forum, it was mentioned that the 0x67FF will work with my graphic card, so we need to change the values,
    • here is the tricky part: You can see at the picture, the vendor-id says FF67, this is because it seems that the fake id will use some SSDT structure to inject the fake ID, so long story short
    • We need to change the value, if we want the vendor-id = 67FF, we need to put FF67.
    • Same goes for vendor-id, if we want the vendor id to be 1002, we need to put 0210.
  • Save the changes, re-open the config.plist and make sure the changes are present
View attachment 506526
Hi mate. I think I have the same GPU as you, it is a Sapphire Pulse Rx 550 4gb and it was recognize as 0x699F.
I tried 0x67FF and 0x67EF the way you say and it does make any changes but the cosmetic name. Should I try with different version of both Lilu and Whatevergreen? Thanks!

Explanation:

View attachment 506525

View attachment 506526
I was following along with you but I'm using an MSI Aero rx550 ITX. I've verified it's Polaris but when I tried you fix, I ended up with a system that was only giving me a black screen. Had to perform a CMOS reset and am reinstalling BigSur at the moment. Was wondering if you might be able to help me out...

The card I have on its spec sheet says the core is Polaris 12. Using that info, I've gather that the ID could be 6980, 6986, or I coudl use the rx550 which is 67ff as in your example. I followed your guide and input the values shown and that's where the system stopped giving video after a restart.

I'm pretty sure I had the right ACPI GPU path, otherwise I'd assume video wouldn't go black.

I was following along with you but I'm using an MSI Aero rx550 ITX. I've verified it's Polaris but when I tried you fix, I ended up with a system that was only giving me a black screen. Had to perform a CMOS reset and am reinstalling BigSur at the moment. Was wondering if you might be able to help me out...

The card I have on its spec sheet says the core is Polaris 12. Using that info, I've gather that the ID could be 6980, 6986, or I coudl use the rx550 which is 67ff as in your example. I followed your guide and input the values shown and that's where the system stopped giving video after a restart.

I'm pretty sure I had the right ACPI GPU path, otherwise I'd assume video wouldn't go black.
have same problem. No solution yet

Well done! It works very fine but...........HDMI doesn't work :( Need some other arguments to insert....where?
Thanks in advance :)

Well done! It works very fine but...........HDMI doesn't work :( Need some other arguments to insert....where?
Thanks in advance :)
Ok, I've discovered to work with HDMI, need to remove "vendor-id" "0210" data :) It works very, very fine!
Thanks for attention :)

does this card work with big sur now?

Yes! It works very fine but need this trick to works with HDMI too :)

I made work a RX 550 4GB from China.
Also a Radeon PRO WX 3200 4GB that has 640 shaders. I get the expected video resolution and 4GB DDR5.
System info SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 the WX 3200 doesn't get H264 acceleration both in Final Cut Pro and Handbrake and possibly any other app, while with the RX 550 from China I get H264 hardware acceleration.

Does anybody know why is that? The WX 3200 (640 shaders) must be polaris to load the driver, show 4GB DDR5 but then why the H264 acceleration doesn't run?

Back