Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
So finally I got the RX480 Nitro+ 8gb.

How can I make sure I have the full acceleration?

Hey guys, this may be slightly off-topic but I've posted this problem in other threads and the feedback I've gotten says that my problem may be GPU related. After sleep/waking my browsers will no longer play streams on Twitch.tv. Everything else is still functional including audio, YouTube, etc. This happens in both Safari and Chrome browsers (only browsers I use). Also post sleep/wake Twitch.tv seems to bug these browsers out because when I first try to shutdown I get the message that either Chrome or Safari is preventing the shutdown, it will eventually work but this is the notification I get initially.

I am using darkwake=0, Inject ATI (for my RX 480). If there's any other information that I can provide to help get to the root of the problem please let me know.

Attachments

• ioreg+clover.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
Have seen the same behavior on my system when booting with iGPU. iGPU seems to crash after wake, so any AirPlay-enabled media will refuse to play.

Didn't search for a solution, but I guess intentionally breaking the iGPU in OS X (e.g. by injecting a wrong ID) should fix it.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to add that I have my XFX RX 480 running with full acceleration on my Z600 workstation which doesn't have integrated graphics.

I have used and old Quatro 1800 for the initial boot and then switch the cables over.

Hi guys! Does anybody work the final cut 10.3, 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 in saw 10.2.3 with rx 480 XFX ??? Is that when I give to new project always shut down the program and gives me the error report. With the final cut 10.2 does not happen, it works correctly but I would like to use the latest update because it is more optimized and I like it more!

Hi guys! Does anybody work the final cut 10.3, 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 in saw 10.2.3 with rx 480 XFX ??? Is that when I give to new project always shut down the program and gives me the error report. With the final cut 10.2 does not happen, it works correctly but I would like to use the latest update because it is more optimized and I like it more!
Disable inject Intel in clover and check

I was told by a development person that in the latest version of FCPX 10.3.2 the under the covers settings that uses compressor for hardware accelerated rendering and software rendering has been fully switched to hardware only rendering. I think the same issue that is breaking FCPX 10.3.2 on hackintosh computers is related to the switch. It broke my compatibility with the iPad app Duet such that I can no longer render out the preview window to my iPad. They must have checks under the covers now for the specific GPU for doing the rendering which is probably why everyone is having this issue with the latest FCPX causing it to fail to launch. Has anyone confirmed if this is an issue running FCPX with NVIDIA cards or older generation Radeon cards with native support?

Bump

I've had success with a Saffire RX 460 and sierra but, FCPX 10.3 still won't open. Ideas? thanks

For me, only if I have inject INTEL ON.. does FCPX work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back