Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think also 5k (dual DP) will work? I know it's a long shot, but I would like to buy a 480/1060 and use 5k monitor also with Mac.

if there is ANY chance to have a 5K monitor working, there is only a monitor: DELL. I don't know why but it's the only one who has been reported as successful. There is NO evidence to have 5K with AMD cards though and Nvidia Pascal are not supported yet. I personally tested RX480 under Sierra with an HP Z27Q and it was totally useless... so my personal advice is to go for a Nvidia Maxwell card at the moment. Which motherboard do you have?

if there is ANY chance to have a 5K monitor working, there is only a monitor: DELL. I don't know why but it's the only one who has been reported as successful. There is NO evidence to have 5K with AMD cards though and Nvidia Pascal are not supported yet. I personally tested RX480 under Sierra with an HP Z27Q and it was totally useless... so my personal advice is to go for a Nvidia Maxwell card at the moment. Which motherboard do you have?

I have the Dell 5k, but I use it on 4k because I don't have any gpu right now.

I have i5 6500, Asus H170 Pro Gaming, so everything works, audio, ethernet, iGPU. BUT I need a new gpu, and I wouldn't like to have a 9xx, I am looking to new generation because has a better price for better performance.

I have to pay about 200€ or 250€ for a GTX 970/980, at the same price point I can get 1060/480 that are better and newer. I hope for Pascal drivers, but I am loosing hope.

I have the Dell 5k, but I use it on 4k because I don't have any gpu right now.

I have i5 6500, Asus H170 Pro Gaming, so everything works, audio, ethernet, iGPU. BUT I need a new gpu, and I wouldn't like to have a 9xx, I am looking to new generation because has a better price for better performance.

I have to pay about 200€ or 250€ for a GTX 970/980, at the same price point I can get 1060/480 that are better and newer. I hope for Pascal drivers, but I am loosing hope.

I see, if I were you I'd go for a GTX970/970 , a second hand one. They are cheap now. Where are you from btw?

Next week i'm buying a MSI GAMING Radeon RX 480 - 8GB, I have a 4k 60hz hdmi display but it hasn't a displayport port, Anyone knows it the HDMI 2.0 works just fine?

Next week i'm buying a MSI GAMING Radeon RX 480 - 8GB, I have a 4k 60hz hdmi display but it hasn't a displayport port, Anyone knows it the HDMI 2.0 works just fine?
DP 4k at 60 Hz works but HDMI 4k works at 30Hz(no 60 Hz) on my system, and that is with sapphire nitro OC RX 480 8gb and LG 4k Monitor(with 1 DP and 2 HDMI 2.0 outs).

While using RX480 and HD530 igpu same time in Hackintosh, Premiere Pro CC 2015/17 Export time increases most times.. ie, Premiere Pro CC 2015/17 detects IGPU as the primary GPU ... Same Problem occurs in Windows10 ..
when I disabled the IGPU (HD530)in BIOS , WIN10 Premiere CC Exports issues disappeared and get 4 times faster , but I can't boot in to OS X Sierra

How to disable the Automatic Graphics Switching in Hackintosh with iMac/ MacPro SMBIOS?

can I use ' pmset -c gpuswitch 1 ' to switch the graphics card ?

disable the Automatic Graphics Switching is available on dual gpu macbook pro s

graphics-switching-disable.png

Last edited:
I see, if I were you I'd go for a GTX970/970 , a second hand one. They are cheap now. Where are you from btw?

I had a GTX 970 and it worked perfectly. Now that it's broken I want a better GPU, also because I can afford it. So 980ti would be awesome, but I have a 300€ discount on new GPU on Amazon. So a GTX 1060 or a RX 480 would be basically a free GPU. And a 1070 only 100/150€

I had a GTX 970 and it worked perfectly. Now that it's broken I want a better GPU, also because I can afford it. So 980ti would be awesome, but I have a 300€ discount on new GPU on Amazon. So a GTX 1060 or a RX 480 would be basically a free GPU. And a 1070 only 100/150€
with GTX970 you had 5K working at its resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back