Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again,

I've tried what you suggested and didn't succeed. So I re-install Unibeast from scratch to have a fresh start.

After finished with Sierra installation I ran Multibeast (UEFI) to install drivers for audio and ethernet.

And I went to System/Library/Extensions to locate AMDRadeonX4100.kext and right click to show the package content. I drag Info.plist to desktop and added 0x67DF1002 under IOPCIMatch (without deleting any of the other existing 0x). Saved the changes I made on Info.plist on the desktop, then I drag the Info.plist from the desktop back to System/Library/Extensions and replaced the file.

Then, I ran kext wizard to repair permission on System/Library/Extensions and restart the PC.

I chose the HFS to boot from my Sierra SSD. When it hit the apple logo with the loading bar, it stuck halfway (and I've waited for 30minutes and still nothing happened).

Did I miss any steps here?

Is your monitor connected to RX or just igpu. I've had the screen look like that and then plugged cable into RX and had sierra loaded.

Did you add fakeSMCkext to clover kext folder "other", don't add it to 12.1 folder just the other folder.

Also, if you hit space bar once before boot you can select verbose boot and debug kexts. That may show you what's going on.

Is your monitor connected to RX or just igpu. I've had the screen look like that and then plugged cable into RX and had sierra loaded.

Did you add fakeSMCkext to clover kext folder "other", don't add it to 12.1 folder just the other folder.

Also, if you hit space bar once before boot you can select verbose boot and debug kexts. That may show you what's going on.

I only use 1 monitor and plug it to RX only, using DP.

Nope, I don't think I add fakeSMCkext. Can you tell me the folder path please? :)

Hit the spacebar once, when the MoBo logo appears?

I only use 1 monitor and plug it to RX only, using DP.

Nope, I don't think I add fakeSMCkext. Can you tell me the folder path please? :)

Hit the spacebar once, when the MoBo logo appears?

No, you have to mount the EFI partition, use EFIMounter (Downloads menu, top of page) to open the clover boot folders. FakeSMCkext can be downloaded here on Tonymac in downloads section under kexts.
When you open the EFI folder there should be
Boot
Clover, open the clover folder, then open kext folder, place the FakeSMCkext kext there in other.

The space bar is used during the clover bootscreen but you will need to use the igpu connection to monitor to see it. Before you hit enter, hit the space bar, a lot of boot options are available. Using verbose mode and " don't reboot on panic" will allow you to see where you are getting hung up at.

Hi,

Before doing this, I once again reinstall UniBeast Sierra to have a clean start. Did the MultiBeast again. Edited the Info.plist file to 0x67DF1002, config.plist using Clover Configurator and enabled inject ATI. Placed the fakeSMC inside "other folder" in EFI/Clover. Ran Kext Utility apps. Restarted the Computer and went to BIOS to set the Initial Display Output to IGFX (instead of PCIE) and set the Internal Graphics to Auto.

Every time I set to IGFX, my monitor doesn't get any signals from the GPU, so I had to hard reset the BIOS and set the Initial Display Output back to PCIE. I also tried to run "csrutil disable" from terminal and still no luck :(

I tried the verbose mode + don't reboot on panic and it goes to the apple script page halfway and suddenly the screen lost it's signal.

Last edited:
Hi again,

I've tried what you suggested and didn't succeed. So I re-install Unibeast from scratch to have a fresh start.

After finished with Sierra installation I ran Multibeast (UEFI) to install drivers for audio and ethernet.

And I went to System/Library/Extensions to locate AMDRadeonX4100.kext and right click to show the package content. I drag Info.plist to desktop and added 0x67DF1002 under IOPCIMatch (without deleting any of the other existing 0x). Saved the changes I made on Info.plist on the desktop, then I drag the Info.plist from the desktop back to System/Library/Extensions and replaced the file.

Then, I ran kext wizard to repair permission on System/Library/Extensions and restart the PC.

I chose the HFS to boot from my Sierra SSD. When it hit the apple logo with the loading bar, it stuck halfway (and I've waited for 30minutes and still nothing happened).

Did I miss any steps here?

My PC gives me that image when i boot without iGPU enabled. My motherboard reverts to PCI-E (even if i have iGPU enabled in bios) if it doesnt detect a monitor on the iGPU. Maybe yours is doing the same.

What i did was connect my monitor with DP to the iGPU and HDMI to the RX and this allows it to pre-boot with iGPU and then load into macOS with RX.

Hello.
Does anyone have problem with pixel depth? Mine is 30bit instead of 32. On my work (32 bit, GTS 250).
Screens looks different and 30bit is rly uncomfortable.

The 30 bit ARGB2101010 color is the latest and greatest for the newer apps. Is that an older app you're running?

It's tricky to get 32 bit ARGB88888 color without losing metal support for the RX cards. I've done it on occasion by not having good igpu support or metal. What are your motherboard and CPU specs?

What are your clover settings for graphics injection? Try inject Intel =false, and ATI =true. If you are using both it can cause problems, can you post your config.plist?

Hi Gigamaxx,

Thanks again for your help and support. With a help from my friend, I've finally SUCCEEDED to run FCP X with supported Metal and Rotation from the GPU!

YEAY! :D

What's missing from the steps that I did was to copy the FakeSMC to EFI>Clover>Kext and update clover to version 3974.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.43.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.43.49 PM.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.44.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.44.27 PM.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 402
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back