Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why it doesn't say "Metal 3" in System Information for you...

Here's what it shows on my hackintosh laptop with UHD 620: View attachment 562098

Here's what it shows on my Mac Studio:
View attachment 562099
I looked up the chipset for the Radeon Pro 5500 XT and it's the same Navi 14-based architecture as my RX 5500 XT so unless the minimum RAM required is 8GB (mine is the 4GB version) then I don't know why I don't show support for Metal 3... or 2, for that matter.

Put the system into sleep. After wakeup run Geekbench 5 again.
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 19.10.44.jpg

Wohooo!!! This is after sleep! So!? Does that meand tha performance goes up after sleep and why? Is it just GB5 benchmark or Metal in general which has a problem...? Is there a fix?

@brixx, as far as I know, there's no fix. The problem occures also on real Macs. Maybe it's a Geekbench issue.
So I tried to put my Z490 back to work and tried... The "problem" is the SMBIOS. Even on the Z490 using iMacPro or MacPro7,1 leads to low scores (that gets high after a sleep). Using iMac20,1 no issue! Unfortunately on the new Z690 I can't use iMac...

So I tried to put my Z490 back to work and tried... The "problem" is the SMBIOS. Even on the Z490 using iMacPro or MacPro7,1 leads to low scores (that gets high after a sleep). Using iMac20,1 no issue! Unfortunately on the new Z690 I can't use iMac...
Have you looked through the "Golden Builds" forum? There're a few Z690s in there.

There're a few Z690s in there
Absolutely! I tried to ask the only other user with an Z690 and RX580... just wondering if this lower score before spleep also happens on a newer card!

The problem occures also on real Macs
So strange that it doesn't happen with Z490 and "proper" iMac20,1 SMBIOS but only with Pro SMBIOS, but even on the Z490...not only on Z690

I ran the tests using Geek bench 5.4.5. Today I got a notification that v 5.5.0 is available. I've run both tests with the new version and see a small difference in the OpenCL and Metal scores.
Hi, I see you're using iMacPro1,1 definition right? Do you get the same results after a fresh boot? With that definition I get poor results at fresh boot even on the Z490 build, I have to figure out why and if it happens to others as well! Many thanks

I get near identical results before and after the system goes to sleep, i.e. 50K+ Geekbench scores.

When testing the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS did you disable the IGPU in the bios, or at least use the -wegnoigpu boot argument to disable the IGPU in macOS?

Did you disable the IGPU Empty/headless framebuffer patch in your config.plist?

I get near identical results before and after the system goes to sleep, i.e. 50K+ Geekbench scores.

When testing the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS did you disable the IGPU in the bios, or at least use the -wegnoigpu boot argument to disable the IGPU in macOS?

Did you disable the IGPU Empty/headless framebuffer patch in your config.plist?
Stupid question but is JUST changing the SMBIOS number (i.e. iMac18,3 to iMacPro1,1) enough or do the UUID and serial numbers (or anything else) need to also be in-line with the SMBIOS chosen? I've run my system as iMac18,3 since I built it so have never gone through trying to change it.

Stupid question but is JUST changing the SMBIOS number (i.e. iMac18,3 to iMacPro1,1) enough or do the UUID and serial numbers (or anything else) need to also be in-line with the SMBIOS chosen? I've run my system as iMac18,3 since I built it so have never gone through trying to change it.
Needs to be inline with your chosen SMBIOS. Serial, MB serial, UUID and SMBIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back