Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help.
I put the new SSDT, I see a very little change in Geekbench5 metal compute (~59.000 -> ~62.000), maybe not significative.
No change in Davinci Resolve.
Maybe there's nothing to improve.
Here's my IO reg, you think it's fine ? Also, it says AMD Radeon Pro Vega II in the SSDT, I know this GPU is close to Radeon VII, but I wonder if it could make any difference..
Hi, by looking at this io table, SSDT doesn't seem to load properly. I made a new one. replace it

Attachments

• SSDT-AMD Radeon VII-Z690.aml.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 60
Hello !
I tried your new SSDT but I can see no improvement.
There must be something I'm definitly not doing right.
At least the hackintosh works, but I'm not sure it's functionning 100% as
Here's my new ioreg
If you have the time to have a look i would appreciate.
Cheers

Attachments

• IOreg Chicoray2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Hello !
I tried your new SSDT but I can see no improvement.
There must be something I'm definitly not doing right.
At least the hackintosh works, but I'm not sure it's functionning 100% as
Here's my new ioreg
If you have the time to have a look i would appreciate.
Cheers
Well, sorry for the Z690 I don't know how to write SSDT. However, it can also be modified through DeviceProperties。Just copy these parameters in the picture into your config.plist。Wherein PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) need to be replaced with your path, use Hackintool tool to get。In addition, 12.3.1 (21E258) seems to have fixed the problem of abnormal performance of the graphics card, you can update it and take a look。

Attachments

• config-Radeon VII.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 58
  • QQ20220401-190944@2x.png
    [email protected]
    197.1 KB · Views: 110
@chicoRAY000
Just asked someone else. 500 series motherboards start PCI Host register declaration under MC PCI0 is renamed PC00. So I changed a new SSDT. you can try again。

Attachments

• SSDT-AMD Radeon VII-Z690.aml.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 60
@chicoRAY000
Just asked someone else. 500 series motherboards start PCI Host register declaration under MC PCI0 is renamed PC00. So I changed a new SSDT. you can try again。
I didnt solve the problem yet, the last ssdt you sent didn’t change the geekbench score.
I’ m still getting 63000 on macos and 87000 on Windows 10.. I Will try to update to 12.3.1 on monday. Thanks for your Help!

I didnt solve the problem yet, the last ssdt you sent didn’t change the geekbench score.
I’ m still getting 63000 on macos and 87000 on Windows 10.. I Will try to update to 12.3.1 on monday. Thanks for your Help!
Sorry for not being able to help you, but before I used z390+9900k+Radeon VII's Metal to get 90000+. 10.15

Well, sorry for the Z690 I don't know how to write SSDT. However, it can also be modified through DeviceProperties。Just copy these parameters in the picture into your config.plist。Wherein PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) need to be replaced with your path, use Hackintool tool to get。In addition, 12.3.1 (21E258) seems to have fixed the problem of abnormal performance of the graphics card, you can update it and take a look。
Hello !
I finaly did manage to get performance improvements by editing DeviceProperties straight into config.plist
I hit the 90K with geekbench and got a ~10% speedup in davinci resolve!

BUT

I noticed some black artefacts in my picture preview in davinci resolve when running heavy GPU process.

SOOOO

I rolled back to the previous config file and I will investigate further in the future. Maybe there are some other parameters that I could try.

Thank you so much for helping me out on this !!

Hello !
I finaly did manage to get performance improvements by editing DeviceProperties straight into config.plist
I hit the 90K with geekbench and got a ~10% speedup in davinci resolve!

BUT

I noticed some black artefacts in my picture preview in davinci resolve when running heavy GPU process.

SOOOO

I rolled back to the previous config file and I will investigate further in the future. Maybe there are some other parameters that I could try.

Thank you so much for helping me out on this !!
Black artifacts in high resolution previews in DaVinci may be due to overclocking parameters that are not suitable for your GPU. You can try to use the table "Radeon_VII.xlsx" to adjust the overclocking parameters. and replace the value in "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable". The value in "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" needs to be replaced using the "OpenCore Configurator" tool

Attachments

• Radeon_VII.xlsx.zip
    56 KB · Views: 77
Hey,
Thanks for the xls overclocking guide !
I will definitly give it a go when I'm done with other projects going.

Could anyone solve the problem of high idle power consumption of the Sapphire RX 590 (I’ve the SE)?
@LeleTuratti ?? @Blableuh ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back