Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mattystonnie I am using an Asus TUF z390 MoBo with i5 9600k and a RX 5500 XT for my build. I used your patch for my MoBo to fix the hanging issue during installation but now, it will finish loading and just sit at a black screen. I tried using this guide/patch to fix this but still no luck. I am able to boot into the Language selection screen if I use my CPU graphics however I want to use my GPU for graphics. Should I finish the installation using my CPU graphics and setup my GPU after with MultiBeast? Or do you have any suggestions? This is my first build and I am new to Hackintosh so any help is appreciated!

Hey mattystonnie I am using an Asus TUF z390 MoBo with i5 9600k and a RX 5500 XT for my build. I used your patch for my MoBo to fix the hanging issue during installation but now, it will finish loading and just sit at a black screen. I tried using this guide/patch to fix this but still no luck. I am able to boot into the Language selection screen if I use my CPU graphics however I want to use my GPU for graphics. Should I finish the installation using my CPU graphics and setup my GPU after with MultiBeast? Or do you have any suggestions? This is my first build and I am new to Hackintosh so any help is appreciated!

Hello there,

What booloader are you using?

Yes finish the install with the onboard graphics.

For the AMD GPU you need to add boot args : agdpmod=pikera

Just a hunch -- others have had this problem with the Navi board. Can you try a different port on your video card? Others have found with the 5700 XT that some of the DP ports did not output a signal.

Hello there,

I used the Unibeast Catalina bootloader
Just a hunch -- others have had this problem with the Navi board. Can you try a different port on your video card? Others have found with the 5700 XT that some of the DP ports did not output a signal.

I a using the HDMI port on my video card right now if that's what you mean.

Maybe try the different Displayports? That worked for some other people.

I a using the HDMI port on my video card right now if that's what you mean.

IMG_0368.jpg

Also, I just booted using the CPU Graphics and this was the error that came up.

Maybe try the different Displayports? That worked for some other people.

I posted a picture of my verbose error on page 87 of this thread, could you check it out.

Thanks!

Hello there,

Hey mattstonnie, I was trying to finish the install with the onboard graphics but when I "Booted from MacOS" I get this verbose error:
IMG_0368.jpg
I tried removing all the kext files from the kexts>other folder in my EFI and the same thing happened. Any ideas on what this issue is or how I can fix it?

Hey mattstonnie, I was trying to finish the install with the onboard graphics but when I "Booted from MacOS" I get this verbose error:
View attachment 473126
I tried removing all the kext files from the kexts>other folder in my EFI and the same thing happened. Any ideas on what this issue is or how I can fix it?
Did you add Emulate NVRAM support to your bootable USB installer? Or did you decided to use SSDT for NVRAM?
For more info about this you can follow MacMan's build here.

Did you add Emulate NVRAM support to your bootable USB installer? Or did you decided to use SSDT for NVRAM?
For more info about this you can follow MacMan's build here.

I used Emulated NVRAM and I followed the steps in MrMan's post as we both have the same MoBo. Are there any specific kexts i need before booting (I have none at the moment and was going to add them later with MultBeast)? Or do I have to do something with the config.plist file in the CLOVER folder? Or are there any boot arguments I am missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back