Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put the SSDT in the clover patched folder, the Radeon Fans kext and the dAGPM kext in the kext Others folder. No other modifications.

Good luck!

Finally, someone managed to get it working properly with vega 56. This is definitely some good news, Let me try tomorrow. Is there anything special we need to take care of other than using RadeonVega56AirCoolingFansFix.kext ?

is that worked with 10.15.5 too ??

I just put the SSDT in the clover patched folder, the Radeon Fans kext and the dAGPM kext in the kext Others folder. No other modifications.

Good luck!

Sadly, its not working on my build :/ wonder where the problem might be...

And I have another issue: After I applied your SSDT, my Vega 56 scored 79535 on Metal after reboot. However, after a few minutes running the system, I noticed that the score fluctuated greatly. Please check the scores by sequence:
Might have something to do with your GPU bios.

Hmm, how do I check that and what can be done about it? I assume, I need to install Windows to access the GPU BIOS update/editing functions?

Hi OM

I'm not sure what to advise 1) I barely know what I'm doing with this whole Hackintoshing; 2) because our rigs are different, I don't want to mess up any of your settings. I took a look at your EFI (ps., I hope your Serial Number in you SMBIOS is not the one you're using. It isn't smart to post your SN)

With me, I took a lot of time to figure out how to get the iGPU to coexist with the dGPU. Both are necessary for Sidecar, which it looks like is important for you too. The trick with my Z390 mobo is to patch the frame buffers, and I was lucky that the process was already figured out for a related mobo that appears to apply to mine. I am not sure what the process is for a H270 mobo.

During the process I basically started with a bare minimum number of kexts and changes in my config.plist, and I sequentially added a component. If it didn't make a difference in performance or stability, I left it out. I kept good notes during the process, and eventually figured out a "bare minimum" set of changes to get the system off the ground. It took a lot of time, and many reboots, several resetting the CMOS/NVRAM

In the end, the most important things for me are Sidecar and sleep/wake. Everything else is just icing on the cake. This Radeon SSDT is nice, but in real world performance, I don't really notice that much of a difference. Before the Radeon Fans kext fix, I was content not running the SSDT.

Good luck!

Ted

Sadly, its not working on my build :/ wonder where the problem might be...

@originalmagneto

You can try to find some users here with an identical working GPU board manufacturer and compare your bios versions and clover/OC settings.

Not sure what is causing it but using photoshop and watching youtube on firefox makes my gpu fans ramp up and they won't spin down. Unless I put computer in sleep. I use Vega 64 NITRO +

You might want to check the guide to add fan control to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back