Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

add via textedit. Check Proper later ... I just don't know if that is good?View attachment 466303
When doing DP injection you need to write CFG,CFG_SOMETHING and PP,PP_SOMETHING, since all these are handled by WhateverGreen.
"
  • How could I tune my GPU configuration?
    ATI/AMD GPUs could be configured by aty_config, aty_properties parameters that one could find in AMDxxxxController.kext Info.plist files. Different framebuffers have overrides for these preferences for lower energy consumption, higher performance, or other reasons. Unfortunately in such combinations they often are unsuitable for different GPUs.
    WhateverGreen allows to specify your own preferred parameters via GPU controller properties to achieve best GPU configuration. Use CFG, prefix for aty_config properties, PP, prefix for aty_properties, and CAIL, prefix for cail_properties from AMDRadeonXxxxx.kext Info.plist files. For example, to override CFG_FB_LIMIT value in aty_config you should use CFG,CFG_FB_LIMIT property.
    Further details are available in SSDT sample to get the general idea."

Hi @mattystonnie, I've been using SSDT-RX5700XT-Version1.0.aml for about a month and it works great, except that I'm unable to boot into Windows from the OpenCore boot selector, and I think it's because the SSDT doesn't have a If (_OSI ("Darwin")) anywhere. I tried to add it myself, using MaciASL but it keeps giving me compile errors. Do you have any suggestions on how I can make this patch apply to macOS only?

Shouldn't this be:
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>@0,name</key>
                <string>ATY,Orinoco</string>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Slot-1@0,1,0/0,0</string>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
                <data>MDEuMDEuMTkw</data>
                <key>CFG,CFG_PTPL2_TBL</key>
                <data>ggAAAHwAAAB2AAAAcAAAAGoAAABkAAAAXgAAAFgAAABSAAAATAAAAEYAAABAAAAAOgAAADQAAAAuAAAAKAAAAA==</data>
                <key>CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>CFG,CFG_USE_SCANOUT</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>CFG,CFG_USE_TCON</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP,PP_BootupDisplayState</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>PP,PP_DisableMCDownLoadFeature</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP,PP_EnableLoadFalconSmcFirmware</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP,PP_Falcon_QuickTransition_Enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP,PP_PowerPlayEnabled</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>PP,PP_WorkLoadPolictyMask</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>AMD Radeon RX 580</string>
            </dict>

I don't know since the first one works perfectly fine for me on both Mojave and Catalina.

EDIT: I tried your version and it does the same.

Last edited:
I don't know since the first one works perfectly fine for me on both Mojave and Catalina.

EDIT: I tried your version and it does the same.
I believe this is the proper way when working with WEG. The thing is in OpenCore you have to delete existing property first. By doing it this way you just instruct WEG to change the property. Also when you inject Orinoco most of those properties are already set. There is no need to reset them to the same value. Look at the IOregistry explorer without the prefix CFG and PP. Like these:
Code:
 <key>CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
<key>CFG,CFG_USE_SCANOUT</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
<key>CFG,CFG_USE_TCON</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
<key>PP,PP_EnableLoadFalconSmcFirmware</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
<key>PP,PP_Falcon_QuickTransition_Enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>

Last edited:
@zirkaiva

Thanks for that explanation, I'll use that to tweak my config.

Thanks for this, my RX 5700 XT was flashed at 78K on GB5 !
This thread should be sticky. Thanks for your work !

Can someone please tell me how to convert the aml code to inject this in clover ?
/me cannot remember :)

This is why I am asking. As far as I can tell both methods accomplish the same thing: Let macOS load the SMU firmware to the GPU. The kernel panic seems to only happen when used with the Radeon framebuffer but not with names ones.

I got many KPs with the Adder framebuffer. Currently I only have WEG installed and am not using the 5700 XT SSDT to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for this, my RX 5700 XT was flashed at 78K on GB5 !
This thread should be sticky. Thanks for your work !

Can someone please tell me how to convert the aml code to inject this in clover ?
/me cannot remember :)
Have you tried other benchmark apps like LuxMark? I doubt you will see a difference.

We will see what is to be done with the release of 10.15.5 .
It works in beta 15.5, but GB5 crashes system.
Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 7.06.32 PM.png

Have you tried other benchmark apps like LuxMark? I doubt you will see a difference.

No change in Luxmark 3.0 = 27,5K, no change in ROTT at 1440p ultra settings, SMAA = 91 FPS. Strange that only GB is showing best results.

Back