Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I learned my lesson and will not post my future discoveries, I will just show pictures with the performance.

In my opinion, you gotta let it go. I feel for you, because I've been in the same situation before. In my case, the forum owners deleted my post and then reposted it as their own discovery. I remember being so mad! (This was 10 years ago.) But if you stop participating in the process, then those jerks who want to monopolize this community have only gotten what they desired.

Yep, its for all not good to see such probs of "copy" or "steal" things. But it can happen that two people have same idear or get inspired by someone else code and make a different versions with the same goal. I am sure both know much about the gpu stuff so i dont think about copy or steal background it maybe more an "inspired by.." thing - or as i said simple 2 have done same investigation about the prob and got both an solution - little different but working both.
I can see that mattystonnie started his thread here on 25. April 2020 , the other (german) develeoper earlier at 17. April 2020. It can be mattystonnie investigated the probs and solution before 17. April but i can understand also the german guy which posted his r...kext one week earlier.
We shall not forget that both guys are very helpfull to hackintosh noobs / users and spend much of their freetime to help / comment in the forum here and in the german. So we should be thankfull for their work and time! Each are great supporters but maybe at least they two will never get friends anymore. Can happen, but it would be good to look in the future ...

Last edited:
I believe you, no question.

He started this thread after a few of us asked him to open a new thread that was for all/most new AMD cards.

He started posting the fixes in the Navi thread but since the work involved other models it makes sense to open a new thread for better exposure for Radeon users.

I’m glad he did because this new thread is helping many users and clearly separates the two methods. There is less confusion now and users aren’t using both methods to fix the same issue.

The dummy kext he was using was from a german guy.

Didn’t know about Pavo.

I know that he also took some SMU injection WEG.

Hi, I have an RX480 on legacy but SSE 4.2 compatible hardware. I installed catalina 10.15.4 and can only use the two DP ports. On Mojave I had written a framebuffer to enable all the ports, but it doesn't seem to work on Catalina. Can you help me? Tell me if I have to send you files

@mattystonnie

Thanks mate for sharing your knowledge.

My 580 is driving two 4K displays and is now idling at ~80 instead of 120W.

I did try with one display and the consumption went down to 35.

I only added the Orinoco framebuffer in devices >> properties and even sleep/wake still works perfectly with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back