Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Question: Is the RX580 patch (and the instructions) on page 1 safe to try if I have the mode switch on my Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB set to Compute rather than Gaming?
Yes it is safe. Why is on compute?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your response @lightmanrt ... Hmm, still no success, or only very minor steps. Went from 48k to 51k on OpenCL/Metal (approx.). The boost with RB was much more significant, but the noise from the fans was bothering me. Even with VGTab, I experienced issues with Lightroom, that crashed the computer.

I made some adjustments to my configuration. Changed the SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, but still, mediocre results.

Attaching my EFI + ioreg config. Please, guys, advise, thanks! Very much appreciate any effort!

Disable the IGPU from bios and replace the EFI.

Send again Ioreg copy.

Attachments

• original.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 71
Hi all
Thank you for this guide.
i've tried the RX 580 SSDT, but i don't notice so much changes. Did i do something wrong?

iMacPro1,1 Mojave 10.14.6 No ssdt
Metal Score

OpenCL Score

ssdt
Metal Score

OpenCL Score

Win 10
OpenCL Score

Vulkan Score

Capture d’écran 2020-05-04 à 13.03.24.png

Disable the IGPU from bios and replace the EFI.

Send again Ioreg copy.

Reporting no change in GB scores after implementing your EFI and disabling iGPU in BIOS. Attaching the new ioreg as requested. Hope we can find the culprit...

Edit: Btw., lost Sidecar. I can "connect", but there is a black screen shown on the iPad...

Attachments

• ioreg_export_NEW.ioreg
    7.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hey guys, does this method also support the vega 56? Can not find any information about it. The initial post says nothing about the vega 56.

after setting getting like this.View attachment 467114

That seems normal when you just boot your system.
Put your system to sleep and wait till all the fans stop.
Then wake it up and measure the score - it will be higher (if you are running Catalina).

Hi all
Thank you for this guide.
i've tried the RX 580 SSDT, but i don't notice so much changes. Did i do something wrong?

iMacPro1,1 Mojave 10.14.6 No ssdt
Metal Score

OpenCL Score

ssdt
Metal Score

OpenCL Score

Win 10
OpenCL Score

Vulkan Score
View attachment 467108
That's pretty normal for an RX580.
There's no more that can be squeezed out from that card.

Did you run the benchmark straight after booting or after waking from ?

On my Z77X-UP5 + RX580 Nitro+ running Mojave (10.14.6) I get similar scores to you.
But, on Catalina (10.15.4), if I run the benchmark after booting, I get ~ 40% LESS and only get those "normal" scores AFTER waking from sleep.

Last edited:
Back