Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
for better performance do I need change my smbios from 17,1 to Mac Pro 5,1
And would like to share ur config.plist please help what to do which one really suitable for rx 580

I chose the SMBIOS MacModel that most closely approximates my hardware. See here.

its worked.... before luxmark result 12300 now after doing this setting getting like this.
Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 9.32.20 PM.png

I used radeonboost.kext in my Clover and OpenCore builds. This works for me on the 5700 XT Pulse, but there is one problem.

When I move the mouse cursor and use the scroll wheel, I hear the electric whistle of the coil. I have no such sound in Windows 10 and in regular macOS (without radeonboost).

Can this sound be fixed somehow? My computer is standing next to my monitor, and it is very annoying ...

And yet, can I somehow find out the temperature of my 5700 XT graphics card on macOS?

Finally done the patch thx @mattystonnie
I felt very smooth now

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 1.36.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 1.36.49 AM.png
    121 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I used radeonboost.kext in my Clover and OpenCore builds. This works for me on the 5700 XT Pulse, but there is one problem.

When I move the mouse cursor and use the scroll wheel, I hear the electric whistle of the coil. I have no such sound in Windows 10 and in regular macOS (without radeonboost).

Can this sound be fixed somehow? My computer is standing next to my monitor, and it is very annoying ...

And yet, can I somehow find out the temperature of my 5700 XT graphics card on macOS?

I don’t use or recommend that kext.

For solutions go to the creator.

Best for you is to use device properties injection.

Just reporting.

I was searching the Web for a solution and had read a lot about EDID, basically is the way Displays are identified. And there's something faulty in the way MacOS uses EDID. There's a lot of documentation about it on web. That EDID error was my problem.

There's a clever way to create an EDID for your monitor using Hackintool! There's a Tab for displays, and it creates a kext to fix things.

Very happy with my Hackintosh now! @mattystonnie how can I buy you a beer?

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 18.03.07.png

did you find any solution about increased memory on RX POLARIS ?

Are you talking about high Graphic Memory uses under MacOS?

I have read people complaining anywhere and it looks to be something annoying. But I have real Macs, an iMac in office and a MacBookPro. And booth uses almost all the Graphic Memory available even at idle. It is how Apple intended to MacOS handle Graphic Memory, I supposed.

I can send you some screenshots of my MBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back