Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! Working well in Radeon Pro W5700. Luxmark was the same result but in Geekbench I got 10k more. Just like in Windows 10. I am not sure actual performance itself whether better or not. Other benches are the same only better in Geekbench. FCPX is ok as well like before. I might use correct one for W5700 not 5700XT. But they are using the same AMD kext so should be fine.

Is this an overclock (GPU and VRAM clocks) via SSDTs? We used to do a similar thing with an app which was called VGTab (or whatever it was called) when Vega was first introduced I think with Mojave. I'm asking because I don't like to overlock my gear, since my radeon vii pretty much is on par with Geekbench charts on their website, so I don't understand how you can boost performance via SSDTs. That said, is known that Apple tweaks power managing in macOS via drivers in the OS and if you got a supported card (Polaris, Vega, Navi) they should work as expected without touching SSDTs

@mattystonnie I just saw a user with Vega56 has over 70k on metal geekbench. I still get less than 60k with my vega64.

would you mind having a look at my EFI to see if anything can be improved?

Try the Attached EFI. I noticed you were using a patched DSDT. I use Opencore with Hotpatch method. Honestly you should not need a patched DSDT for your setup. Hotpatch only. But whatever works. Let me know how the EFI works or if you need help :headbang:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 115
Is this an overclock (GPU and VRAM clocks) via SSDTs? We used to do a similar thing with an app which was called VGTab (or whatever it was called) when Vega was first introduced I think with Mojave. I'm asking because I don't like to overlock my gear, since my radeon vii pretty much is on par with Geekbench charts on their website, so I don't understand how you can boost performance via SSDTs. That said, is known that Apple tweaks power managing in macOS via drivers in the OS and if you got a supported card (Polaris, Vega, Navi) they should work as expected without touching SSDTs

No overclock. This is the correct drivers for your GPU that gives the best performance, should give low power consumption too, you know Apple style.

Don't know if this helps you with creating one for an RX580, but here is my IO. By the way, good job on this.

Attachments

• iMac17,1-RX580.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 104
No overclock. This is the correct drivers for your GPU that gives the best performance, should give low power consumption too, you know Apple style.
Ok understood, I got a Radeon VII and no SSDT available yet. Since you seem to be pretty strong with GPUs :p I got a question. Since 10.15.4 I got some issues with some applications (contacts, FaceTime for instance) they lag a lot and when they do all the systems slows. The situation fixes itself if I put my system in sleep and then, at wake, everything runs super smooth. Anyone noticed something similar? any plausible reason?

That's something else like Vtabs injecting for Fans, it is not my speciality .

Can you give me an ioreg? Do you see the framebuffer injected?
Hm... It's only saying ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer in IORegestrey editor and I can't find it being more specific than that.
I'm confused now... Clover reports that it loads the SSDT and I changed the version 2.3 SSDT to slot 3 from slot 1 so I thought it was working. So either the SSDT is not targeting my graphics card or I've got something else wrong. I tried putting in Iriri as framebuffer in Clover. That led to a black screen at log in screen same as when I injected Kamarang.

Interestingly enough, when I took your first config file you sent me, took out several entries (see attached config) I then had a consistent run of slightly better graphics scores (1-2%) and it's now the main config my system runs stable on.
For whatever reason, with the SSDT, dAGPM.kext & PEGP to EGP0 in istat reports the GPU maxing out at 1.4ghz (its supposed to hit 1500mhz for core clock..)
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Wolf29April.ioreg
    13.8 MB · Views: 57
  • config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back