Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have suffered some frostbite, sometimes I wait and recover and sometimes not, only the mouse moves.
only use dsdt x299 , radeonboost.kext , weg.

why can this happen? I never had a freeze.
I no use sleep/wake

Because you can’t use SSDT and R***B*** at the same time.

My Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT still thermal crashes. In windows fan speed is default
Max 25% and there it crashes as well. In windows I changed max to 80% - it never went there, but it kept temp under 60C for 2 hours of XCOM 2 at acceptable noise levels even with no headphones.

do the vgatab properties still work ? Or do I need to disassemble / reassemble your patch to get a better fan curve keeping things cooler ?

My Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT still thermal crashes. In windows fan speed is default
Max 25% and there it crashes as well. In windows I changed max to 80% - it never went there, but it kept temp under 60C for 2 hours of XCOM 2 at acceptable noise levels even with no headphones.

do the vgatab properties still work ? Or do I need to disassemble / reassemble your patch to get a better fan curve keeping things cooler ?

Just try the RX 5700 XT SSDT for your RX 5600 XT and see how it goes.

@mattystonnie I just saw a user with Vega56 has over 70k on metal geekbench. I still get less than 60k with my vega64.

would you mind having a look at my EFI to see if anything can be improved?
Ill take a look when i get home. Using this method my card bench's well, but its hard to handle the fans running almost wide open. Its similar to the Mojave days when we NEEDED VGTab to fix fan speed.

Greetings @mattystonnie. I have an RX 470 and it looks like this.
1.png

2.png

Seeing the contribution you have made, do you consider that I need to make the changes you propose or do I not need to make any changes? I only use WhateverGreen, nothing else.

Just try the RX 5700 XT SSDT for your RX 5600 XT and see how it goes.
That is what I use. Crashes faster in Catalina than in Windows with the 25% max fan speed.
I still do not have temp / Fan speed even with RadeonMonitor

Greetings @mattystonnie.

I am new in this thread and I am looking to solve the problems that I have with my Sapphire Vega 64 Video card
So I would like to know which last SSDT version should I use it for testing and other kext or commands needed to be installed, added, or removed to the clover folder.
Use the first version then the last one 2.3, try without kext.

Greetings @mattystonnie. I have an RX 470 and it looks like this.View attachment 465643
View attachment 465644
Seeing the contribution you have made, do you consider that I need to make the changes you propose or do I not need to make any changes? I only use WhateverGreen, nothing else.

Just got my hands on a RX 480 8GB :twisted: , now I will work on Polaris.

so now time for rx 580 series sir pls gave us some that we can cheer up

Will be an new alternative version of SSDT for 5700 XT? May be with some more buffer tuning for better performance?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back