Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @mattystonnie
I decided move to OpenCore 0.5.7 and the numbers got better!

My track:
Tool Before After After (OpenCore)
LuxMark 3.1 12479 12583 12657 (14471 CPU+GPU)
Geekbench 4.4.1 (metal) 109637 113231 117119
Geekbench 4.4.1 (openCL) 123953 129062 129323

Other good things:
- Netflix now works with Safari (OOB), no need to play another DRM video (for example, with TV) and then go to Netflix.
- FCPX seems works a little better than usual.

Regards,
Carlos.

Last edited:
Sorry, I made some crazy injections and wanted high performance :lol:

Try this new one, it is just a simple one.
I wanted high performance too :)

With your simpler injection, I got a black screen. I have never had a black screen with this card before...
I'm sure in an earlier Mojave I did have Kamarang as my framebuffer and it played nice. I tried adding the agdpmod=pikera command to boot commands as its listed for fixing black screen and nothing changed. Still black. I pulled my display and plugged it back in and no change. Still black.
So I tried adding the lines you had taken out of my injection ... no change still.
Any ideas on what to add to fix black here? Maybe it needs something in between the crazy injections and the minimal one?

I wanted high performance too :)

With your simpler injection, I got a black screen. I have never had a black screen with this card before...
I'm sure in an earlier Mojave I did have Kamarang as my framebuffer and it played nice. I tried adding the agdpmod=pikera command to boot commands as its listed for fixing black screen and nothing changed. Still black. I pulled my display and plugged it back in and no change. Still black.
So I tried adding the lines you had taken out of my injection ... no change still.
Any ideas on what to add to fix black here? Maybe it needs something in between the crazy injections and the minimal one?

Whatevergreen installed?

@mattystonnie can I use it for a Vega 64 Frontier Edition. I have also noticed that sleep when the monitors shut down it KP's I have attached my EFI, IOReg and logs

Do you have 2 network cards? Pick a kext from IntelMausi or the SmallT.

And delete plist related to power management from /Library/Preferences

Attachments

• Sleep Error.zip
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 10.38.08.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 10.38.08.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Whatevergreen installed?
Yep. Its important as without it I get 1 display only. I tried switching to imac pro (from MP 7,1) and still had a black screen.

Attachments

• EFI-Flutterdash 2.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 90
@mattystonnie Hi, man, I have a Vega 56 running on my hack and I get Metal scores of 48k in GB5 :/

Do you thing I can try your method on my config, using the Vega64 files posted here? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• iMac18_3_EFI.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 50
  • iMac18_3.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 60

Attachments

• iMac18_3_EFI.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 68
Pretty much same Metal & less Open CL score. Final cut Pro X had a moments lag where it didn't before. I might try adding dAGPM.kext and the other line "rename PEGP to EGP0" and see if theres any improvment. I'm also wondering if there are any other framebuffer names I can try..
--
Edit:
Doing a bit of reading up and I found that my card might be under Vega 10 XT ( Radeon PRO WX 9100 ) rather than just vega 10. Might that be doing something? (or it might be out of date in Catalina)
I also had to strip out everything other than PP_DisablePowerContainment=1 the slot name correction and PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable before my performance returned to what it was. Even just Force_Load_FalconSMUFW being left there (and ATY,EFIVersion removed) dropped my score by ~6%
So now I'm back up to ~23400 and I also found my older post, it was in 10.13 that I was getting scores above 26500. So its been a while...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.13.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.13.01 PM.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.16.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.16.32 PM.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back