Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.
I like you seem to be doing here. The chance for better performance (especially metal for the likes of FCPX) is something I'm very interested in with my Radeon WX 9100. As its a workstation version of the Vega 64 and because I've seen better benchmarks out of the WX 8200, I'm sure I can achieve better results with my card than 10.15 is currently giving me.
In an earlier version of Mojave, I used to get ~26500 score in Luxmark. Below what many Vega 64 cards got but it was ok. With my custom fan settings still working (and inserted by clover), it has dropped to a pretty consistent ~23450.
With the geekbench 5 I get a metal score of 61350 (below one WX 8200 I have seen posted online and below many other Vega 64s). I tried putting the Vega 64 SST in and changing it to target slot 3. My score actualy went backward a little to 59k. As a side note, FCPX performs a tad better with Mac Pro 7,1 over imac pro1,1.

Interestingly, the card sits in slot one of my X99 board, but OSX reports it as slot 4. IOReg reports it to be slot 3 and my fan curve settings only work if they target slot 3.
I'm happy to try add the frame buffer and whatever else is missing to my string of settings in clover but I'm not sure what entries to make for it them. I could also work with a SST, but I'm not sure if what I've put in clover would clash with it or not.
Could you please assist me?
IOReg please.

Radeon Boost is older!!!! RadeonBoost.kext is from the 17 of April and this from the 25th!!!

Hello i have the same motherboard and a vega 64 Nitro+ and i have no significant gain with your patch
-------GB4 Opencl GB4 Metal GB5 Opencl GB5 Metal
Without-- 163893 - 159906 - 59973 - 62082
Patch 1.9 163841 - 160484 - 53472 - 61978
Patch 2.2 166641 - 163392 - 55861 - 60958
Patch 2.3 black screen on both monitors
I have 2 monitors on display port. I can't use hdmi because both monitors hdmi are not able to have the best resolution
With patch my login monitor is reverse

If you can help me i have no significant gain
i join my ioreg
Thanks

Attachments

• iMac Pro Ioreg .ioreg
    14 MB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:
remove WEG, no need for device properties injection. You may need agdpmod=pikera,

No WEG but apgmod=pikera?! This is a command for WhatEverGreen!

I am sure, that there are Internal Releases and they tested it before.

Hi there.
I like you seem to be doing here. The chance for better performance (especially metal for the likes of FCPX) is something I'm very interested in with my Radeon WX 9100. As its a workstation version of the Vega 64 and because I've seen better benchmarks out of the WX 8200, I'm sure I can achieve better results with my card than 10.15 is currently giving me.
In an earlier version of Mojave, I used to get ~26500 score in Luxmark. Below what many Vega 64 cards got but it was ok. With my custom fan settings still working (and inserted by clover), it has dropped to a pretty consistent ~23450.
With the geekbench 5 I get a metal score of 61350 (below one WX 8200 I have seen posted online and below many other Vega 64s). I tried putting the Vega 64 SST in and changing it to target slot 3. My score actualy went backward a little to 59k. As a side note, FCPX performs a tad better with Mac Pro 7,1 over imac pro1,1.

Interestingly, the card sits in slot one of my X99 board, but OSX reports it as slot 4. I had it reported to be slot 3 and my fan curve settings only work if they target slot 3.
I'm happy to try add the frame buffer and whatever else is missing to my string of settings in clover but I'm not sure what entries to make for it them. I could also work with a SST, but I'm not sure if what I've put in clover would clash with it or not.
Could you please assist me?

See if it works. You can get a black screen.

Attachments

• EFI-Flutterdash.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 102
No WEG but apgmod=pikera?! This is a command for WhatEverGreen!

I am sure, that there are Internal Releases and they tested it before.

Its an internal command for Clover too.

Hello i have the same motherboard and a vega 64 Nitro+ and i have no significant gain with your patch
-------GB4 Opencl GB4 Metal GB5 Opencl GB5 Metal
Without-- 163893 - 159906 - 59973 - 62082
Patch 1.9 163841 - 160484 - 53472 - 61978
Patch 2.2 166641 - 163392 - 55861 - 60958
Patch 2.3 black screen on both monitors
I have 2 monitors on display port. I can't use hdmi because both monitors hdmi are not able to have the best resolution
With patch my login monitor is reverse

If you can help me i have no significant gain
i join my ioreg
Thanks

Add WEG and agdpmod=pikera.

I see from the ioreg that the ssdt is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back