Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me if my EFI needs to do some kind of refinement, and how can I check if this SSDT from the RX Vega 64 that I put in is correct to work properly on my RX Vega 56?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 38
  • iOreg.ioreg
    16.2 MB · Views: 31
@deilsoncso Hi, I don't think SSDT works as it doesn't show in IOreg. I would suggest that you inject the properties for the card under DeviceProperties instead. You have to find correct device path with Hackintool and then inject the keys: (these are the ones I use for my Vega 56)

<key>@0,name</key>
<string>ATY,Kamarang</string>
<key>@1,name</key>
<key>@2,name</key>
<key>@3,name</key>
<key>ATY,Copyright</key>
<string>Copyright AMD Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2005-2019</string>
<key>ATY,DeviceName</key>
<string>Vega 56</string>
<key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
<string>016.001.001.000.000000</string>
<key>ATY,EFIVersionB</key>
<data>MTEzLTM3NlhMLVVPMg==</data>
<key>ATY,Rom#</key>
<string>113-D0500310-001</string>
<key>CFG_PTPL2_TBL</key>
<data>0gAAAMwAAADGAAAAwAAAALoAAAC0AAAAqgAAAKAAAACWAAAAjAAAAIIAAAB4AAAAbgAAAGQAAABaAAAAHgAAAA==</data>
<key>CFG_USE_AGDC</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Force_Load_FalconSMUFW</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>PP_PowerPlayEnabled</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask</key>
<data>0x01</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>ATY,KamarangParent</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>AMD Radeon RX Vega 56</string>

I just install your first version, aml and kext.
I got sapphire nitro + vega 64 on last mojave.
It seems to work, I didn't do geekbench test without your mod.
Metal Score : 79340
OpenCL Score : 66622
Did you also try version 2.3? I am only getting
Metal Score
On my Strix 64

Well, sorry for the Z690 I don't know how to write SSDT. However, it can also be modified through DeviceProperties。Just copy these parameters in the picture into your config.plist。Wherein PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) need to be replaced with your path, use Hackintool tool to get。In addition, 12.3.1 (21E258) seems to have fixed the problem of abnormal performance of the graphics card, you can update it and take a look。
Just want to say thank you to you. I random surff the web and get to this post. Then follow your instruction to inject the parameters for my Radoen VII (in a genuine Mac Pro 2009) via the OpenCore config. Now the artificial limit is removed, and the GB5 score back to normal level in Monterey 12.6.1.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 8.56.32.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 8.56.32.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 62
I've wrote a lengthy guide about all the possibilities for tweaking Radeon Cards on my Repo.
Hi! I've been using your EFI for my Z490 Vision G and it was awesome, many thanks! I recently moved to a new system with 13th gen CPU but still with my trusty RX580. You are explaining a lot of tweaks, and I see many use Orinoco framebuffer... but in your EFI there are no R580 properties! Why is that? Do you think that now only whathevergreen is enough? The 100W power consumption reported in istat, is it true? Or just a wrong reading? Many thanks!

Hi! I've been using your EFI for my Z490 Vision G and it was awesome, many thanks! I recently moved to a new system with 13th gen CPU but still with my trusty RX580. You are explaining a lot of tweaks, and I see many use Orinoco framebuffer... but in your EFI there are no R580 properties! Why is that? Do you think that now only whathevergreen is enough? The 100W power consumption reported in istat, is it true? Or just a wrong reading? Many thanks!

Because I don't know what hardware people who download my EFI are using. It would be irresponsible to just leave the Device Properties in. But trust me, I use some.

Are you using this kext for your 13th gen Intel Core CPU: CpuTopologyRebuild

Device Properties in. But trust me, I use some
Would you be so kind to share those? I have exactly your card: Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
Do you use any Radeonsensor Kext? I'm curious to know if the 100W idle power consumption is real or just a wrong reading value. Under Win the same card Idles at 40W

Are you using this kext for your 13th gen Intel Core CPU: CpuTopologyRebuild
I've had i5 13600KF for two days now, but have been working on it "full time". Tried CpuFriend (+provider) and CpuTopologyRebuilt without exciting results... It even looks like with it my single core score remains the same, while the multi core it's actually a little lower! What is crazy is that an i5 (I was almost ashamed :) to have gone for the entry level cpu) does 2000 single and 14500 multi in GeekBench 5! The +140€ needed for the i7 were not proportioned with the performance gain (15/20%?). Using CpuTopologyRebuilt it's around 2000 - 13900/14000

Last edited:
Would you be so kind to share those? I have exactly your card: Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
Do you use any Radeonsensor Kext? I'm curious to know if the 100W idle power consumption is real or just a wrong reading value. Under Win the same card Idles at 40W

I've had i5 13600KF for two days now, but have been working on it "full time". Tried CpuFriend (+provider) and CpuTopologyRebuilt without exciting results... It even looks like with it my single core score remains the same, while the multi core it's actually a little lower! What is crazy is that an i5 (I was almost ashamed :) to have gone for the entry level cpu) does 2000 single and 14500 multi in GeekBench 5! The +140€ needed for the i7 were not proportioned with the performance gain (15/20%?). Using CpuTopologyRebuilt it's around 2000 - 13900/14000

That's pretty impressive for an i5 compared to the 10th gen i9, I think. How much did you have to pay for the upgrade (Board, CPU, RAM?)?

Pasting the code for the devprops inline gives me errors/warnings. I send you a dm. Sending dms doesn't work either. I'll just add the devproperty to my github repo under "Additional Files".

So: I can't post links to pastebin, I can't post code inline and I can't post a lik to my repo… great.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty impressive for an i5 compared to the 10th gen i9, I think
It definitely is! I came from an 10700K. But I think the perceived increase in speed is thanks to the pcie4 for the M.2, they now read almost twice as fast. The new boot time is crazy fast!

How much did you have to pay for the upgrade (Board, CPU, RAM?)?
Ridiculously cheap upgrade! 300 for the cpu and 250 for motherboard, kept my DDR4 ram from previous build. And still I have to sell my Z490 and i7

I can't post links to pastebin, I can't post code inline and I can't post a lik to my repo… great
What about sharing your config here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back