Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, my RX 5700 XT was flashed at 78K on GB5 !
This thread should be sticky. Thanks for your work !

Can someone please tell me how to convert the aml code to inject this in clover ?
/me cannot remember :)

Bought me the same card and injected the required ssdt but score is about 66k! ..without ssdt about 45k, more worse than my 580 :cry:

My system only boots correct to the welcome screen when I add the args darkwake=0 slide=0 and agdmod=pikera
otherwise black screen when the welcome screen should appear..

perhahps framebuffer not working? thought the 5700xt is supported natively! ;)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-28 um 08.32.08.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-28 um 08.32.08.png
    351.8 KB · Views: 142
Bought me the same card and injected the required ssdt but score is about 66k! ..without ssdt about 45k, more worse than my 580 :cry:

My system only boots correct to the welcome screen when I add the args darkwake=0 slide=0 and agdmod=pikera
otherwise black screen when the welcome screen should appear..

perhahps framebuffer not working? thought the 5700xt is supported natively! ;)

Perhaps the framebuffer it’s working, because you get a better score of 66K.

Try SMBios iMac Pro 1.1 and do a test after Wake/Sleep cycle.

I checked the benchmarks from windows and they are very similar to the one from macOS.. So I think everything is fine! :headbang: open cl and metal +- 70k (Sapphire 5700XT nitro+SE)

10.15.5 released this morning.

Nice work @mattystonnie! I tried your SSDT previously but couldn't get the fans to slow down lower than 50%. So I removed it.

I updated to 10.15.5, then read through this thread again to see that others using a Vega 64/56 were able to control their fans using the RadeonVega56AirCoolingFansFix.kext. I tried it and it worked well! The fans spin up under load, then spin down under normal conditions. Really nice.

I am enjoying about a 24% increase in performance in GB5 OpenCL, 39% increase in performance in GB5 Metal.

I have an ASRock Vega 56, running Catalina 10.15.5, SMBIOS iMac 19.1

Last edited:
I have kinda weird problem. Performance score is obviously higher so I suppose your DDST works with my Vega 64 NITRO+. However I have dual monitor setup. Besides better performance, patch also causes my secondary screen to have pink/yellowish color filter. Has anyone experienced this?

I have kinda weird problem. Performance score is obviously higher so I suppose your DDST works with my Vega 64 NITRO+. However I have dual monitor setup. Besides better performance, patch also causes my secondary screen to have pink/yellowish color filter. Has anyone experienced this?

Use the RGB patch from the hackintool.

What would be the correct Clover device properties to use for a 5700XT at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
and any advantage to doing it this way than using the SSDT method?

> and any advantage to doing it this way than using the SSDT method?

It's easier to add extra options specific to your GPU.

Nice work @mattystonnie! I tried your SSDT previously but couldn't get the fans to slow down lower than 50%. So I removed it.

I updated to 10.15.5, then read through this thread again to see that others using a Vega 64/56 were able to control their fans using the RadeonVega56AirCoolingFansFix.kext. I tried it and it worked well! The fans spin up under load, then spin down under normal conditions. Really nice.

I am enjoying about a 24% increase in performance in GB5 OpenCL, 39% increase in performance in GB5 Metal.

I have an ASRock Vega 56, running Catalina 10.15.5, SMBIOS iMac 19.1
Finally, someone managed to get it working properly with vega 56. This is definitely some good news, Let me try tomorrow. Is there anything special we need to take care of other than using RadeonVega56AirCoolingFansFix.kext ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back