Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls, this property is a alternative to ssdt or is for using ssdt+property at same time?
That's what I wanted to ask. If we add this entry, leave the rest: SSDT + dAGPM + agdpmod = pikera + rename PEGP to EGP0 or delete? Delete which one?

The SSDT is for noobs and device properties is for advanced users.
The best one is the device properties injection because you can add more there.

If you add device pro injection, remove the ssdt.

Use simple text edit from macos, just copy and paste my code into device properties with the correct device path, then after reboot check ioreg to see if its loaded.

I have this:
Code:
03:00.1 1002 AAF8 1002 AAF8 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Vega 10 HDMI Audio [Radeon Vega 56/64]             Multimedia controlle Audio device         VEGA@0/HDAU@0,1 pci1002,aaf8    PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1)
03:00.0 1002 687F 1458 2308 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ Vega 10 XL/XT [Radeon RX Vega 56/64]               Display controller   VGA compatible contr 0/VEGA@0/GFX0@0 display         PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
02:00.0 1022 1471 007F 0000 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ ???                                                Bridge               PCI bridge           1/PEGP@0/VEGA@0 pci-bridge      PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
01:00.0 1022 1470 007F 0000 Disabl Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [ ???                                                Bridge               PCI bridge           0/PEG0@1/PEGP@0 pci-bridge      PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

If you look at the second line it has the gpu device id.

The SSDT is for noobs and device properties is for advanced users.
The best one is the device properties injection because you can add more there.

If you add device pro injection, remove the ssdt.

Use simple text edit from macos, just copy and paste my code into device properties with the correct device path, then after reboot check ioreg to see if its loaded.
Still no luck for me. I added your device properties with the correct GPU path (same as you) and changed the model from 580 to 590 (but this parameter is only cosmetic right?), but the macOS boot keeps getting stuck on a black screen at about half the way of the progress bar (when usually the dGPU fans stop spinning). Tried with and without agdpmod=pikera.

I attached my config.plist (OC 0.5.7 - iMac19,1) and a ioreg dump if it can provide any further information.

Attachments

• Blableuh.ioreg
    12.7 MB · Views: 66
  • config.plist
    19.5 KB · Views: 119
Still no luck for me. I added your device properties with the correct GPU path (same as you) and changed the model from 580 to 590 (but this parameter is only cosmetic right?), but the macOS boot keeps getting stuck on a black screen at about half the way of the progress bar (when usually the dGPU fans stop spinning). Tried with and without agdpmod=pikera.

I attached my config.plist (OC 0.5.7 - iMac19,1) and a ioreg dump if it can provide any further information.

Remove the Orinoco line.

Remove the Orinoco line.
Thanks now it boots successfully! Little to no significant gain in GeekBench5 (as expected for a RX590 I guess), hard to say as I have a variance of +/- 2000 points betweeen two runs.

However I first came here by hoping to get a better power consumption. The monitored power raw for the GPU is about 90-100W when idle (and only one monitor plugged in), as reported by many other people with RX500 Sapphire cards (maybe from other manufacturers as well). I'm not 100% sure if this reported power draw is real but:
- In Windows when doing nothing, the power draw is about 30W and the GPU temps are about 5-10°C cooler
- Some people on this forum saw their GPU power draw dropping from 100W to around 30W after switching to Orinoco framebuffer.

So when I saw that Orinoco line in your device properties I thought I could lower my power consumption with your device properties. But no luck. Still stuck at around 90-100W when doing nothing...
Any idea how to make OpenCore tell macOS to use the Orinoco framebuffer? (maybe this is already what your device properties does, i dont know honestly).

Thanks now it boots successfully! Little to no significant gain in GeekBench5 (as expected for a RX590 I guess), hard to say as I have a variance of +/- 2000 points betweeen two runs.

However I first came here by hoping to get a better power consumption. The monitored power raw for the GPU is about 90-100W when idle (and only one monitor plugged in), as reported by many other people with RX500 Sapphire cards (maybe from other manufacturers as well). I'm not 100% sure if this reported power draw is real but:
- In Windows when doing nothing, the power draw is about 30W and the GPU temps are about 5-10°C cooler
- Some people on this forum saw their GPU power draw dropping from 100W to around 30W after switching to Orinoco framebuffer.

So when I saw that Orinoco line in your device properties I thought I could lower my power consumption with your device properties. But no luck. Still stuck at around 90-100W when doing nothing...
Any idea how to make OpenCore tell macOS to use the Orinoco framebuffer? (maybe this is already what your device properties does, i dont know honestly).

Yes about the low power consumption, add to the device properties, use Orinoco or Guariba + WEG + agdpmod=pikera.

Yes about the low power consumption, add to the device properties, use Orinoco or Guariba + WEG + agdpmod=pikera.

You mean

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>@0,name</key>
                <string>ATY,Orinoco</string>
            </dict>

with nothing else in device properties, and use WEG + agdpmod=pikera (which I already do)??

I'm confused because you just told me the post before to remove the Orinoco line otherwise macOS wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back