Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Guys is it safe to boot windows, update vbios and boot Catalina again?

Radeon Gigabyte RX 5600XT 6gb, Intel i7 6700k watercooled, Corsair hydro h100i v2, MOBO Gigabyte z170n Gaming 5 - mini itx, 16gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance, 1tb Crucial MX300 SSD - Hackintosh, PSU Cooler Master MWE 550W, 80+ Gold, Corsair k55/Harpoon

Gpu 5600XT Gigabyte gaming oc 6gb rev 1.0

Very much appreciated. I'm running Catalina 10.15.3

Radeon Gigabyte RX 5600XT 6gb, Intel i7 6700k watercooled, Corsair hydro h100i v2, MOBO Gigabyte z170n Gaming 5 - mini itx, 16gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance, 1tb Crucial MX300 SSD - Hackintosh, PSU Cooler Master MWE 550W, 80+ Gold, Corsair k55/Harpoon

Gpu 5600XT Gigabyte gaming oc 6gb rev 1.0

Very much appreciated. I'm running Catalina 10.15.3

Yes. As long as you have a backup of your vbios I would proceed. (or does your card has dual vbios?).

You can always boot back to Windows and flash the stock/backup vbios back.

Yes, as mentioned by @Yomiro , this is safe to do as long as you have a backup and nothing goes wrong flashing the vbios.

However why would you want to update the vbios if you can simply inject the desired card behaviour using a PowerPlay table (PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable) in your OpenCore config.plist?

Holy smokes!! I used Araguaia for my Radeon VII on OpenCore...

View attachment 462106

Thanks for the info @mattystonnie !!
Hi there...a bit confused I'd like to test this with my RAdeon Vii too. On Catalina (Clover) I already have 94589 Geek bench metal and 75384 open cl scores... so a wich ssdt should I use and does this wor in conjunction with the radeonboost kext? I also have a new BIG SUR Open Core drive on which I'd like to try. (Will eventually move the caltalina drive to the OC drive.

Hi there...a bit confused I'd like to test this with my RAdeon Vii too. On Catalina (Clover) I already have 94589 Geek bench metal and 75384 open cl scores... so a wich ssdt should I use and does this wor in conjunction with the radeonboost kext? I also have a new BIG SUR Open Core drive on which I'd like to try. (Will eventually move the caltalina drive to the OC drive.

RadeonBoost stopped working quite a long time ago. Don't remember exactly which version but I haven't had it installed in quite a long time. If you want to try just install the kext and it should work.

RadeonBoost stopped working quite a long time ago. Don't remember exactly which version but I haven't had it installed in quite a long time. If you want to try just install the kext and it should work.

RadeonBoost and the Enhanced performance SSDT from @mattystonnie both stopped working at the Big Sur transition. Although with the 12.2 > 12.3 upgrade, it looks like the SSDT is rescuing some of the higher end Navi's from some sort of driver glitch. We're hoping that @mattystonnie might come back around to help figure it out....

News!!!

6950XT.png

Back