Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Honestly, I'm not sure what to do at this point... seems like I'm the only one with this issue... 145GB of RAM... wtf
Uptime 13 days 9 hours.

View attachment 523621
Happy to report that macOS Monterey has fixed this issue. I believe it has to do with the improved external monitor support.

AMD might soon be launching Navi 24 based low-end Radeon RX 6500XT and RX 6400 graphics cards.​

I tried the EFI you have upload on the other post:same result, around 37K
I really don't get what's going on :s

I may be seeing the same thing.
This screenshot shows the last few GB5 Metal and OpenCL scores for my PowerColor Red Devil RX 580 card. These scores are for my iMac1 system running Catalina and Big Sur. Not any significant difference between the way the card works in both OS's. I've not installed Monterey yet, as I need to change my SMBIOS to install the newest OS and to say I am reluctant to do so would be an understatement.

View attachment 532766

Here is a link to the top Big Sur Metal score, which as you said is significantly better than your Monterey score - 3637319 Not just the combined score but a lot of the individual scores are much better in Big Sur.

The question then is what background processes are happening to use the GPU's processing while you use Monterey?

Or is it an issue with the AMD drivers for the Polaris 20 GPU's in Monterey?

I am having a similar issue. With Mojave metal score with my RX 590 is around 57000. With Monterey, 37000.

I am using an Apple Thunderbolt Display as my primary monitor. In order to get my computer to boot, I use this thing called a "ghost plug" which tricks the computer into thinking another monitor is plugged in because the Thunderbolt Display isn't detected right away when the bios boots up. I usually keep it plugged in all the time.

With Mojave, I get the same metal scores with and without the ghost plug. With Monterey, if the ghost plug is unplugged, I get 37,000 for the metal score. When I plug it in, I am back to the 57,000 score I get with Mojave. With Mojave it makes no difference whether it is plugged in or not. Not sure if the issue is with Geekbench, or something about Monterey performing better with two monitors.

RX 6600 XT running fine

Hi ppl

Don't know if is it the correct place to post this, but I'm reporting.

Here a RX 6600 XT installed and working fine without any issues.
Monterrey 12.1 beta, OC 0.7.5, before had a RX 5500 XT with Catalina, no need to modify nothing.
(VideoProc shows all activated like with my old RX 580 and after the RX 5500 XT)

Geekbench 5 Metal Score 83910

have a great day

I may be seeing the same thing.

I am having a similar issue. With Mojave metal score with my RX 590 is around 57000. With Monterey, 37000.

I am using an Apple Thunderbolt Display as my primary monitor. In order to get my computer to boot, I use this thing called a "ghost plug" which tricks the computer into thinking another monitor is plugged in because the Thunderbolt Display isn't detected right away when the bios boots up. I usually keep it plugged in all the time.

With Mojave, I get the same metal scores with and without the ghost plug. With Monterey, if the ghost plug is unplugged, I get 37,000 for the metal score. When I plug it in, I am back to the 57,000 score I get with Mojave. With Mojave it makes no difference whether it is plugged in or not. Not sure if the issue is with Geekbench, or something about Monterey performing better with two monitors.
Apple Thunderbolt Display ... "ghost plug"...
Interesting. Can you describe exactly how you do it?

They are normally called ‘Dummy‘ HDMI/DP plugs.

I use a number of these dummy plugs on servers and other systems that run without a monitor connected. They allow remote connections to work at a higher resolution than the system would normally produce when it has no display connected.

Back