Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

What Geekbench 5 Metal/CL scores are you seeing with your RX 580 in the older versions and Monterey?

This screenshot shows the last few GB5 Metal and OpenCL scores for my PowerColor Red Devil RX 580 card. These scores are for my iMac1 system running Catalina and Big Sur. Not any significant difference between the way the card works in both OS's. I've not installed Monterey yet, as I need to change my SMBIOS to install the newest OS and to say I am reluctant to do so would be an understatement.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 16.04.41.png

Here is a link to the top Big Sur Metal score, which as you said is significantly better than your Monterey score - 3637319 Not just the combined score but a lot of the individual scores are much better in Big Sur.

The question then is what background processes are happening to use the GPU's processing while you use Monterey?

Or is it an issue with the AMD drivers for the Polaris 20 GPU's in Monterey?

This screenshot shows the last few GB5 Metal and OpenCL scores for my PowerColor Red Devil RX 580 card. These scores are for my iMac1 system running Catalina and Big Sur. Not any significant difference between the way the card works in both OS's. I've not installed Monterey yet, as I need to change my SMBIOS to install the newest OS and to say I am reluctant to do so would be an understatement.

View attachment 532766

Here is a link to the top Big Sur Metal score, which as you said is significantly better than your Monterey score - 3637319 Not just the combined score but a lot of the individual scores are much better in Big Sur.

The question then is what background processes are happening to use the GPU's processing while you use Monterey?

Or is it an issue with the AMD drivers for the Polaris 20 GPU's in Monterey?
My Metal score in Monterey using a Sapphire RX580 is 52841. I'm using the same motherboard as @trankilou but not loading any Bluetooth kexts. I think that he is saying that is what is effecting his score, its not the OS anyway.

I tried many things :
- I check the power supply ->it s ok
- I tried to disable iGPU -> didn't change anything
- I tried other SMBIOS , like imacpro1,1 -> didn't change anything
- I check power consumption, memory and GPU frequency -> all is ok and coherent to hardware specification
- I tried to remove most of kext, including WG -> didn't change anything
- I tried other screen resolution (I m in 4K HDR) -> didn't change anything
- I tried to shutdown every background and foreground not mandatory processes -> didn't change anything
any suggestions ? :D

My Metal score in Monterey using a Sapphire RX580 is 52841. I'm using the same motherboard as @trankilou but not loading any Bluetooth kexts. I think that he is saying that is what is effecting his score, its not the OS anyway.
hum it s very weird ! maybe I should try with your EFI, just in case ?

I tried the EFI you have upload on the other post:same result, around 37K
I really don't get what's going on :s

Back