Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Pretty much yeah. I use a DP Switch. :)
Cool! I thought about this but then went mini ITX so would 1 GPU. I have an RX5700XT. Hopefully MacOS and Hackintosh will support the RX6800 XT and I can upgrade!!

Cool! I thought about this but then went mini ITX so would 1 GPU. I have an RX5700XT. Hopefully MacOS and Hackintosh will support the RX6800 XT and I can upgrade!!
You’ll like this then:

Yeah saw that! Hopefully Whatever green supports them :D
If not probably not a big deal at first. When we got support in the AMDRadeonX6000.kext for the 5700 series we removed WEG and they worked. With WEG this t was black screen. Then pikera boot arg came about and we could use WEG.

There was already support in the 6000 Framebuffer.kext as there is now for the 6800 series. So we need to wait for the new 6000 kext or try to add the ID and run as a 5700xt.

Hi guys i know its an old thread but i have simular issue on wat seems to be fully working rig , it freezes about 15 minutes in to bench marking , no oc , runs cool , otherwise works fine .

To test an hackintosh with the rx6900xt , it's possibile to run as you tell like 5700xt?

To test an hackintosh with the rx6900xt , it's possibile to run as you tell like 5700xt?
In Big Sur it is not easy to edit any kexts to fake the ID. I have tried with device properties injection using open core but it just end in kernel panic. SSDT also fails. These new cards have a different memory layout so it is unlikely to work until Apple supplies the proper kext.

I've installed Big Sur on my 6800xt without issues. But you wont have acceleration.

Hi guys i know its an old thread but i have simular issue on wat seems to be fully working rig , it freezes about 15 minutes in to bench marking , no oc , runs cool , otherwise works fine .
You'll need to give some info about your OS, boot loader, attached peripherals, benchmarking software, what point in the benchmark is the freeze occuring, and possibly more to get an answer, but I would suggest you go on over to this thread and post your question: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-2884#post-2216285.
I have the same motherboard as you and same processor but different GPU and I never get freezes. If you are using radeon boost or the like, you may want to disable it temporarily. Something in your EFI is probably off or in your OS but need more info to try to narrow it down. Hopefully, it's not a hardware issue.

Back