Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Hey guys!

I need some help getting a 3 monitor setup going with a 5700XT.

I have been using two monitors just fine for the last few months but recently got a third. I am driving my two monitors with 1 DP, and 1 HDMI from my XFX 5700 XT. The other 2 DP ports on my card do not output at all on macOS, but work just fine in Windows so im confident its not hardware.

I have tried the RadeonBoost kext here, I've tried the SSDT, with and without WEG, and neither have helped with the ports, and some combinations have actually prevented me from booting.

Im currently on 10.15.2. Im working on setting up my system to update to 10.15.5/6 to see if new drivers give any help but wanted to touch base with this thread before going down that road!

Thank you for your help!

I too am having that exact issue, and I've tried everything I can think of to solve it. FYI 10.15.x and 11.x do not solve it.

I too am having that exact issue, and I've tried everything I can think of to solve it. FYI 10.15.x and 11.x do not solve it.
Thats a bummer! I have seen people saying they have all 3 monitors working so I have to believe its possible!

Hey guys!

I need some help getting a 3 monitor setup going with a 5700XT.

I have been using two monitors just fine for the last few months but recently got a third. I am driving my two monitors with 1 DP, and 1 HDMI from my XFX 5700 XT. The other 2 DP ports on my card do not output at all on macOS, but work just fine in Windows so im confident its not hardware.

I have tried the RadeonBoost kext here, I've tried the SSDT, with and without WEG, and neither have helped with the ports, and some combinations have actually prevented me from booting.

Im currently on 10.15.2. Im working on setting up my system to update to 10.15.5/6 to see if new drivers give any help but wanted to touch base with this thread before going down that road!

Thank you for your help!

You are going to need to google how to create port definitions for your graphics card output ports. This configuration information that tells macOS using Apples version of ACPI to describe the hardware to the operating system. You probably wouldn't be having this problem with Sapphire branded cards since they are usually supported by Apple for e-GPU but you can manually add this data in Clover Configurator or in Open Core.

Hackintool can be useful for doing this.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

You are going to need to google how to create port definitions for your graphics card output ports. This configuration information that tells macOS using Apples version of ACPI to describe the hardware to the operating system. You probably wouldn't be having this problem with Sapphire branded cards since they are usually supported by Apple for e-GPU but you can manually add this data in Clover Configurator or in Open Core.

Hackintool can be useful for doing this.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.
Thank you for this! Ive done some googling and Im not really getting anywhere. I have Hackintool, but still a bit confused how to navigate it. It does show my 5700 XT has 4 ports, which is promising - but I haven't been able to find any articles about creating port definitions, or even where to determine what my working ports definitions are.

Do you have a specific forum you think would be helpful that I can look into?

Thank you!!

Anyone faced an issue from this thread:
?
For several months now I can not achieve a solution to the problem with lock screen password input
It looks like this is related to Navi or AMD drivers in general. I would like to find a solution

Thank you for this! Ive done some googling and Im not really getting anywhere. I have Hackintool, but still a bit confused how to navigate it. It does show my 5700 XT has 4 ports, which is promising - but I haven't been able to find any articles about creating port definitions, or even where to determine what my working ports definitions are.

Do you have a specific forum you think would be helpful that I can look into?

Thank you!!
This guide worked well for Polaris cards and earlier:

But sadly trying to use the same tools to get connector information out of the bios dump for Navi cards does not work very well. I have tried to do the same for an eDP port on a 5700m but ran into the same issues.

This guide worked well for Polaris cards and earlier:

But sadly trying to use the same tools to get connector information out of the bios dump for Navi cards does not work very well. I have tried to do the same for an eDP port on a 5700m but ran into the same issues.
I was able to get all my ports working by using MacPro 7,1 system definition.

Don't know if this will work on a hackintosh or not but I have been using my 16" MBP with the 5300M and macOS 10.15.6 for work the past few weeks and it was crashing pretty much every time it went to sleep with various reasons but all GPU related. I have found that if I lock the screen before walking away it does not crash. I just switched my desktop with the 5700XT back to iMacPro1,1 and will see if locking the screen makes a difference with stability there as well.

Back