Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

@jaymonkey

So long as they are actively working on it, I can wait. I feel they took pretty much everyone off Catalina anyway at this point because 10.15.6 did pretty much nothing but fix USB2.0, which may be the reason I have to re-enable Auto Unlock on my watch after every reboot.

I should check BS. But the display drivers felt really good in BS beta 4. Here's hoping to run iMac19,1 just as good as MP7,1 :headbang:

I feel they took pretty much everyone off Catalina anyway at this point ...

@LordHumungus,

Apple will most likely only push out security updates for Catalina from this point forward.
I think all focus in the MacOS dev group will now be on BS.

Cheers
Jay

Interesting thread. Seems to be very related to what I'm going through. I just finished building a new hackintosh and I too got a couple crashes in Catalina 10.15.6. And I also think they're something to with my 5700xt (Gigabyte Gaming OC).

But to those of you who had crashes, have you had crashes that created sound like the card was being fried? Did it make loud static sounds + noise like some components popped? Because I had that happened both times my system crashed.

However, other than that, it's well behaved. I don't know if it's the most performant. I have it set as iMac19,1. Besides the two (rather disturbing) crashes, it's never crashed or KP'ed. I'm attaching my EFI if anyone's interested. It's using opencore, rather than clover. If it helps, great. If anyone can review it and offer me some tips, even better!

Thanks!

S

Attachments

• OC-EFI.zip
    69.9 MB · Views: 205
Interesting thread. Seems to be very related to what I'm going through. I just finished building a new hackintosh and I too got a couple crashes in Catalina 10.15.6. And I also think they're something to with my 5700xt (Gigabyte Gaming OC).

But to those of you who had crashes, have you had crashes that created sound like the card was being fried? Did it make loud static sounds + noise like some components popped? Because I had that happened both times my system crashed.

However, other than that, it's well behaved. I don't know if it's the most performant. I have it set as iMac19,1. Besides the two (rather disturbing) crashes, it's never crashed or KP'ed. I'm attaching my EFI if anyone's interested. It's using opencore, rather than clover. If it helps, great. If anyone can review it and offer me some tips, even better!

Thanks!

S

I have not had any sounds. The OS just locks up and it eventually reboots.

I have not had any sounds. The OS just locks up and it eventually reboots.

Perhaps I have a faulty card. Man, what a pain. I already had to replace the mobo. And now maybe the card too.
The funny thing is that the GPU's pretty well behaved when doing light stuff like watching youtube, even at 4k. After the first crash, I tried again to watch Netflix at its highest res, and it doesn't crash like it did. I'm afraid to run cinebench again though...

What is your SMBIOS set to?

Happy to report that my system has never worked this well until on BS. The Aorus RX5700XT is much faster and reliable than on Catalina. I can process BruceX in 7 sec, in Catalina it took 30. The only thing I have seen not working so far is DRM in Safari but in chrome it works. In Catalina it would take 4 boots on average to get the login screen instead of black screen after the apple logo. But in BS it works every time and boots in 14 sec to login screen, Catalina was over a minute if it worked.
Still using BS on secondary drive but happy with the way it all works especially the 5700XT

Perhaps I have a faulty card. Man, what a pain. I already had to replace the mobo. And now maybe the card too.
The funny thing is that the GPU's pretty well behaved when doing light stuff like watching youtube, even at 4k. After the first crash, I tried again to watch Netflix at its highest res, and it doesn't crash like it did. I'm afraid to run cinebench again though...

What is your SMBIOS set to?

I am using iMac15,1 right now because it is rock solid stable for me. I have also used iMacPro1,1 and it works but would crash fairly regularly. Since I am working from home I needed the stability.

I am using iMac15,1 right now because it is rock solid stable for me. I have also used iMacPro1,1 and it works but would crash fairly regularly. Since I am working from home I needed the stability.

Is changing the system just a matter of modifying the config.plist accordingly, or are there more things to modify?

S

Is changing the system just a matter of modifying the config.plist accordingly, or are there more things to modify?

S
Thats it.

S
No. You need to change the sections in the config accordingly as well as clear out the contents of /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. If you're using iCloud, signing out helps avoid potential collisions or conflicts that could arise. Macs don't change their hardware and iCloud stores a lot of configurations and other local cache that may cause problems unless you sign out completely. Clearing NVRAM is also good form.

If all you're doing is testing, making a separate test account that does not have your iCloud information is the way to go. It can save you headache in the future.

Back