Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Hmm, I couldn't deal with iMacPro1,1 on with my 5700 XT. Video playback esp h265 would shutter and pixelate. Adobe Premier would crash etc.. I had to go back to 19,1 which matches my cpu and support for amd cards. Not a huge deal to not have gpu encoding but would be nice to get it to work at some point but I need more stability.

Hmm, I couldn't deal with iMacPro1,1 on with my 5700 XT. Video playback esp h265 would shutter and pixelate. Adobe Premier would crash etc.. I had to go back to 19,1 which matches my cpu and support for amd cards. Not a huge deal to not have gpu encoding but would be nice to get it to work at some point but I need more stability.

I always had better stability and performance when I used IGPU+DGPU with iMac 18,3, now I am using iMac Pro 1,1 because I don't have an IGPU.

I have now built a Kext based on Brumbaer's property injector which does the job for Radeon VII, RX 5700, RX 5700 XT, Vega 56, Vega 64 and RX580. All it does is injecting the framebuffer properties of the Apple counterparts of the mentioned PC graphics cards.
If you want additional properties or a PowerPlay Table you can either edit the kexts info.plist to your likings or just use Clover / OpenCore property injection for that.
Should work with Hackintoshes, real Mac Pros and eGPUs. Feel free to test and report your results - especially Geekbench results.

Hi @CMMChris,

Will this Kext support RX5600XT too ?

Hey guys! To @pastrychef and whoever has a Radeon VII (thanks for your help):

I'm on OpenCore 0.5.9 MacPro7,1 with 9980XE + Radeon VII. My system has no issues at all a part from a strange occurring introduced with the latests Catalina releases, no issues with 10.15.0 or Mojave.

The question is, when I cold boot my system (especially in the first minute or so) everything is laggy, even the bluetooth mouse struggles with the pointer. Things goes better after a few minutes but never super snappy. U know when all stuffs turn back super snappy? That's crazy: If I put my machine on sleep and the I wake it up... baam super fast, no kind of issue at all and stays like this for days. Then, if I reboot, it comes back laggy again.

I tried everything (with§/without RaedeonBoos kext or WEG kext) but the issue is the same.

I recently noticed the pointer issue is not occurring with a wired mouse, the general snappiness of the first minute is rubbish but the pointer doesn't lag. Then I tried using Bluetooth headset and, same here, audio hiccups at cold boot but everything super smooth after a sleep / wake cycle. I use the Fenvi T919 so it should be ok oob.

I'm asking this 'cause I dunno if this behavior is related to Vega 20 video drivers or is something linked to the bluetooth.

Any hint for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys! To @pastrychef and whoever has a Radeon VII (thanks for your help):

I'm on OpenCore 0.5.9 MacPro7,1 with 9980XE + Radeon VII. My system has no issues at all a part from a strange occurring introduced with the latests Catalina releases, no issues with 10.15.0 or Mojave.

The question is, when I cold boot my system (especially in the first minute or so) everything is laggy, even the bluetooth mouse struggles with the pointer. Things goes better after a few minutes but never super snappy. U know when all stuffs turn back super snappy? That's crazy: If I put my machine on sleep and the I wake it up... baam super fast, no kind of issue at all and stays like this for days. Then, if I reboot, it comes back laggy again.

I tried everything (with§/without RaedeonBoos kext or WEG kext) but the issue is the same.

I recently noticed the pointer issue is not occurring with a wired mouse, the general snappiness of the first minute is rubbish but the pointer doesn't lag. Then I tried using Bluetooth headset and, same here, audio hiccups at cold boot but everything super smooth after a sleep / wake cycle. I use the Fenvi T919 so it should be ok oob.

I'm asking this 'cause I dunno if this behavior is related to Vega 20 video drivers or is something linked to the bluetooth.

Any hint for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This doesn't sound like a graphics issue. It sounds like a Bluetooth reception issue.

Things to try:
Fix USB.
Don't use 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
Use better antennas.
If you have a USB3 PCI-e card, try removing it.

Last edited:
This doesn't sound like a graphics issue. It sounds like a Bluetooth reception issue.

Things to try:
Don't use 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
Use better antennas.
If you have a USB3 PCI-e card, try removing it.

I don't have any PCIe card a part from Fenvi and GPU, already have an hi-gain antenna for BT and I'm using 5GHz here (I got 2.4 in my house for other devices indeed). I doubt is a bt signal issue, if so, I should have problems continuously and a sleep/wake cycle shouldn't fix this. This thing is driving me crazy. Actually it occurs, for example, when I highlight an app for another, open a menu, open the notification center, stuff like this. In general, I got BT hiccups while a lag in GUI occurs. I hope I've been clearer. Thanks a lot.

I don't have any PCIe card a part from Fenvi and GPU, already have an hi-gain antenna for BT and I'm using 5GHz here (I got 2.4 in my house for other devices indeed). I doubt is a bt signal issue, if so, I should have problems continuously and a sleep/wake cycle shouldn't fix this. This thing is driving me crazy. Actually it occurs, for example, when I highlight an app for another, open a menu, open the notification center, stuff like this. In general, I got BT hiccups while a lag in GUI occurs. I hope I've been clearer. Thanks a lot.

Did you fix your USB?

Back