Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Hi, my Aorus RX5700xt is giving me some issues. I am using OC 0.5.9 on Catalina 10.15.5 supplemental.
My hack will sometimes take 3 or four attempts to boot. It gives the usual black screen after apple logo. I have AGPDmod=pikera. Have also tried 'ignore" with same results. Also unreliable wake up after sleep giving black screen as well.
Any suggestions or do I just need to wait for apple next update?
I attach config for you to look at

Do you have another card or can you try the iGPU ? I would make sure this isn't a GPU issue first..

I just replaced a Vega64 that was giving me artifacts. This 5700xt is fairly new and was working better on 10.15.4 didn't seem to have these issues that's why I am wondering. I have also read that the 10.15.5 driver for the RX5700xt has some errors so was wondering if that is the issue or if it my config?
Also I have had trouble getting the IGPU to work well for display so has been available to trouble shoot. That has always been the case even before this issue. Also this GPU works 100% in windows.

Last edited:
Hi, my Aorus RX5700xt is giving me some issues. I am using OC 0.5.9 on Catalina 10.15.5 supplemental.
My hack will sometimes take 3 or four attempts to boot. It gives the usual black screen after apple logo. I have AGPDmod=pikera. Have also tried 'ignore" with same results. Also unreliable wake up after sleep giving black screen as well.

do you have whatevergreen kext?

Yes I have the latest whatevergreen loaded

Ok...Finally got my system back and stable, after reinstall the whole OS again.
Issue with speed was in fact my AIO dead, replace by the corsair A500 and now all good.
Regarding the Red Devil and the radeon boost, what files should be add? I try using the .AML for the slot and the radeon boost.kext and system didn't boot anymore..Reinstall from scratch since my backup did not work as it should.
What are the correct files to boost the GPU??

Thank you

I didn't look at your config, but it's agDpmod not agPdmod

I went back to using the performance SSDT for my 5700XT and removed my device property where I was adding AMD to the name and so far I have not had any hard KPs in a few days. Very rarely it locks up for a second but then recovers. Before it would lockup over and over and eventually KP at least once a day depending on how often I let my hack go to sleep.
What did you use in property? I have used method property and did not see any KP in 10.15.5. At this time, I'm using 10.15.4 for stable due driver broken in 10.15.5. Can we use old driver from 15.4 to 15.5?. I have read here http://netkas.org/ and hope be can do it

What did you use in property? I have used method property and did not see any KP in 10.15.5. At this time, I'm using 10.15.4 for stable due driver broken in 10.15.5. Can we use old driver from 15.4 to 15.5?. I have read here http://netkas.org/ and hope be can do it

I am 99% sure all of my issues with kernel panics were from running iMacPro1,1 for my smbios to enable hardware encode and decoding on the Navi card. I went back to running iMac15,1 which matches my hardware better and I haven't had a KP in weeks but I loose the dgpu encoding and decoding. I am waiting for Apple to release a desktop that uses a Navi card can then I'll consider switching the smbios again, right now I need stability since I am working from home all the time.

Back