Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Hello everybody! This card is good for Catalina: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT PULSE ? Or i will have a lot of problems with this card ?
Maybe better consider Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE?

Hello everybody! This card is good for Catalina: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT PULSE ? Or i will have a lot of problems with this card ?

My suggestion to you would be to wait to see if 10.15.5 fixes some of the issues some people are having with 5700xt's. Some have no issues, others do.

10.15.5 should be out in a few days..

My suggestion to you would be to wait to see if 10.15.5 fixes some of the issues some people are having with 5700xt's. Some have no issues, others do.

10.15.5 should be out in a few days..
Unfortunately I don't have much time ( Do you know anything about 5600 XT ? What problems do people have with 5700xt cards?)

Nope. Last beta fixed the Dock that would get pinned on reboot. Outside of that the card still runs like trash on macOS. Maybe 10.16?

They will perform the exact same. Both have the navi chipset.

deleted

Last edited:
Hi! Just installed an RX 5600 XT here, working flawlessly. Is there anyway to monitor GPU temperature and power consumption? Thank you!

Any recommendations for getting a 5700 xt working with 10.15.4? I get black screen on start up. Also should I use the latest lilu and whatevergreen.. should I remove any of these? My mac is pretty generic and doesn't require a lot of additional kexts.

Any recommendations for getting a 5700 xt working with 10.15.4? I get black screen on start up. Also should I use the latest lilu and whatevergreen.. should I remove any of these? My mac is pretty generic and doesn't require a lot of additional kexts.
Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

Back