Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

My Netflix issue was a browser issue. I cleared all site data for Netflix and now DRM is working fine for me with WEG and no shikigva boot arg.
When you say you cleared information for Netflix, can you explain how. I'm trying to avoid blowing away my entire Safari Cache... I'd prefer to just "reset" Netflix if possible to see if I can get Safari DRM working.

Thanks

When you say you cleared information for Netflix, can you explain how. I'm trying to avoid blowing away my entire Safari Cache... I'd prefer to just "reset" Netflix if possible to see if I can get Safari DRM working.

Thanks

I had DRM working on Apple TV+ but Netflix would just give me a black window in Safari. To clear website data, go to Safari->Preferences->Privacy->Manage Website Data. Search for netflix.com and then remove those entries.

I noticed that with CMMChris's kext and no Weg, I was able to convert ProRes to h.264 using QuickTime. While not a very sophisticated method, it's very useful me. Using the SSDT with or without Weg, I ran into the -12912 Error and it stops. This doesn't happen in FCP.
The wording is of the error is "The operation could not be completed An unknown error occurred (-12912)"

I just tried a small ProRes file and was able to convert it to H.264 using Quicktime. I didn't look at CPU usage but it completed without errors. I am using the SSDT and WEG.

I had DRM working on Apple TV+ but Netflix would just give me a black window in Safari. To clear website data, go to Safari->Preferences->Privacy->Manage Website Data. Search for netflix.com and then remove those entries.
exactly what I was looking for!!! thanks, didn't work but it was a good try. I can play with trying the other two shikigva settings that are popular.

I just tried a small ProRes file and was able to convert it to H.264 using Quicktime. I didn't look at CPU usage but it completed without errors. I am using the SSDT and WEG.

Tried that too and it works.

Not sure if you came across this posted by @CMMChris on another forum:

New version 1.2 added in first post. Vega10 support has been removed (Vega 56, Vega 64, Vega Frontier) due to broken fan control.

Reason:
People have observed fan control being broken when using this kext like it was the case prior to the release of macOS 10.14.5 Mojave. You remember? 10.14.5 was the macOS release that fixed the fan issues with Vega 56, 64 and Frontier cards. But you might also remember that exactly with this release the Geekbench scores have become lower as well.

Thanks to the developers of Whatevergreen we now know that Apple disabled the loading of the SMU Firmware to PC graphics cards with this release of macOS. macOS does now check for the device property "ATY,EFIVersion" before uploading the SMU firmware to the graphics card. Adding it back causes the SMU firmware to be loaded again and is the main reason for the increase in Geekbench scores. Anyhow, it also causes the Vega10 fan bug to come back.

It really looks like Apple never fixed the Vega10 fan control issues which apparently are caused by a bug inside the SMU firmware. So they simply did a dirty hack, disabling the firmware for all PC cards and thus essentially crippling them in some way.

Since I cannot fix this issue and a silent card is more important than Geekbench scores, I decided to drop Vega10 support for RadeonBoost.
If you are pissed about the way Apple does handle bug fixing these days, open bug reports about th

I can confirm that my Vega 64 fan is going all the time, going back to the @mattystonnie method.

Last edited:
Not sure if you came across this posted by @CMMChris on another forum:

I can confirm that my Vega 64 fan is going all the time, going back to the @mattystonnie method.
Blame on Apple :))) .
There was a quick SSDT for Vega back a few pages with the fan adjustment, didn’t look into it to much.

Blame on Apple :))) .
There was a quick SSDT for Vega back a few pages with the fan adjustment, didn’t look into it to much.

So just went back to AML and all good but lost performance. Went from a high of 88K with kext method to 77K with AML method.

By the way, do you have one for the Radeon VII?

So just went back to AML and all good but lost performance. Went from a high of 88K with kext method to 77K with AML method.

I only worked on the new gpus. Will look into it.

If you don’t like that performance, just install the new boost kext 1.2 :)))

I

I know what you can do :))

Go on that forum and post a link to my ssdt from here, so they will use it :))

Back