Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

New RadeonBoost version. Now it's a codeless kext.

Who is de.chinamobilemag? I see he/she is the one who made the kext.

An advice, dont inject the same vBios for all the gpus "113-C944A1XT-014", maybe delete that line, works without.

Add RX 5500 XT and RX 5600 XT.

Thanks.

Awesome, thank you!

Let me know when you grab it so I can remove the link. Also, this EFI, while bootable, isn't exactly pretty. It doesn't have my USBMap, etc - kind of embarrassing. It's a mess.

Done.

I got rid of that DSDT.aml and SSDT, you can try later to add if it doesnt boot.

In your bios activate multi monitor, iGPU DVMT 64 or 128MB, DGPU as primary.

Unfortunately this didnt work. My system seems to need the DSDT to boot properly. I've experimented a bit more and managed to boot with the SSDT and no WEG if I used a specific DP port, but there was no effect on the GB scores. I'll try the new version of the kext later and keep tweaking things. I'm thinking that either something on my DSDT is affecting this or its my specific 5700XT card (XFX Thicc III)

An advice, dont inject the same vBios for all the gpus "113-C944A1XT-014", maybe delete that line, works without.

Thanks for the input. As of now it seems like it is not doing any harm and makes the GPU info of system profiler look a little closer to a real mac. If some issues arise in the future I will remove it.

So I actually just tested an iMacPro config on my system today, and it was about 3x faster in a Handbrake h.265 encode than the iGPU is with iMac19,1. That said, the system was using more than twice as much power, my CPU was running about 1GHz faster, and my cores were all about 20-30° hotter than when I used the iGPU. I'm thinking there's something very wrong with my power management, with iMacPro1,1 ...

Use hackintool and give me your RX 5700 XT PCI location.

Example :pciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Here it is: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Unfortunately this didnt work. My system seems to need the DSDT to boot properly. I've experimented a bit more and managed to boot with the SSDT and no WEG if I used a specific DP port, but there was no effect on the GB scores. I'll try the new version of the kext later and keep tweaking things. I'm thinking that either something on my DSDT is affecting this or its my specific 5700XT card (XFX Thicc III)

Try with and without WEG.

New RadeonBoost version. Now it's a codeless kext.
Would this work in conjunction with SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml, or should I remove that SSDT?

Would this work in conjunction with SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml, or should I remove that SSDT?

It does the same thing, use what you like.

The SSDT mimics a real mac frame-buffer injection, low power consumption, sleep/wake, second stage loading screen, with the cost that some ports will not work.

RadeonBoost uses the generic radeon framebuffer used by mac + eGPU(external GPU) with the injections of other frame buffers proprieties, power consumption can be high.

Here it is: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Try a boot with WEG and one without WEG, block by editing the config file.

And always have a work usb stick bootloader as a backup.

Back