Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Using the SSDT doesn't seem to work. Do I need to do anything other than dropping it in the Patched folder?

I'll look at the device properties method too, seems a bit complicated.

I got rid of that DSDT.aml and SSDT, you can try later to add if it doesnt boot.

In your bios activate multi monitor, iGPU DVMT 64 or 128MB, DGPU as primary.

Attachments

• EFI-6.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
It's not better to use iMac19,1. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 is the way to go for any cards that are supported for video acceleration on macOS. Anyhow, issue is not caused by my kext. Works just fine with the RX 5700 XT.

It's not better to use iMac19,1. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 is the way to go for any cards that are supported for video acceleration on macOS. Anyhow, issue is not caused by my kext. Works just fine with the RX 5700 XT.
So I actually just tested an iMacPro config on my system today, and it was about 3x faster in a Handbrake h.265 encode than the iGPU is with iMac19,1. That said, the system was using more than twice as much power, my CPU was running about 1GHz faster, and my cores were all about 20-30° hotter than when I used the iGPU. I'm thinking there's something very wrong with my power management, with iMacPro1,1 ...

Depends, some apps works better with IGPU+DGPU enabled, it mimics a real mac, for example I had better performance in FCPX.

Power management for CPU works better with some SMBIOS, also usb port mapping.

iMacPro 1.1 and MacPro7,1 is for x299 builds, xenon cpus.

Intel 8th and 9th generations works better with iMac 18.x and iMac 19.x SMBios.

So I actually just tested an iMacPro config on my system today, and it was about 3x faster in a Handbrake h.265 encode than the iGPU is with iMac19,1. That said, the system was using more than twice as much power, my CPU was running about 1GHz faster, and my cores were all about 20-30° hotter than when I used the iGPU. I'm thinking there's something very wrong with my power management, with iMacPro1,1 ...

Give me your EFI folder so I can have a look.

It's because X86PlatformPlugin uses the iMacPro1,1 profile in that case which is for the Xeon CPUs in the iMac Pro. You have to use CPUFriend + Data Provider to inject the proper power management data for your CPU. I created one based on iMac19,1 power management data for you. Put it in your EFI along CPUFriend.

Attachments

• CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 100
It's because X86PlatformPlugin uses the iMacPro1,1 profile in that case which is for the Xeon CPUs in the iMac Pro. You have to use CPUFriend + Data Provider to inject the proper power management data for your CPU. I created one based on iMac19,1 power management data for you. Put it in your EFI along CPUFriend.
Wow, that's very cool of you. Thank you!! I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend ... :)

Give me your EFI folder so I can have a look.
Awesome, thank you!

Let me know when you grab it so I can remove the link. Also, this EFI, while bootable, isn't exactly pretty. It doesn't have my USBMap, etc - kind of embarrassing. It's a mess.

Last edited:
Yes, mix apples with bananas and paint them.... :clap::clap::clap:

New RadeonBoost version. Now it's a codeless kext.

Attachments

• RadeonBoost.kext.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 381
Back