Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Both info.plist and the executable are necessary, otherwise it won't work. Besides of that I can't help you with OpenCore issues. I only use Clover.

Edit: Btw, can you drop a link to the SSDT of mattystonnie? I have never heard of that guy before and he started accusing me of stealing his work in some other forum. I want to see what he is talking about because I did not steal anything...
Something weird with the build of the kext. His SSDT is right here in this thread, he's been banned but that happened to me once too, was never quite sure why. #814

Not switching back to clover...

So I saw today that Apple has made the W5700XT available for the Mac Pro in the Apple Store ... will this help/change anything for the Hackintosh community?

So I saw today that Apple has made the W5700XT available for the Mac Pro in the Apple Store ... will this help/change anything for the Hackintosh community?

The 5700 XT already works without WEG or any of these injection methods.

The only issue I have remaining with my 5700 XT is that if I reboot macOS, I have to unplug/plugin the HDMI cable or I have no video. The display doesn’t detect the connection. If I cold boot it works fine or if I reboot from Windows it works fine. I did not have this issue when I was using a GTX 970.

Any ideas?

The only issue I have remaining with my 5700 XT is that if I reboot macOS, I have to unplug/plugin the HDMI cable or I have no video. The display doesn’t detect the connection. If I cold boot it works fine or if I reboot from Windows it works fine. I did not have this issue when I was using a GTX 970.

Any ideas?
Pick up a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

I have now built a Kext based on Brumbaer's property injector which does the job for Radeon VII, RX 5700, RX 5700 XT, Vega 56, Vega 64 and RX580. All it does is injecting the framebuffer properties of the Apple counterparts of the mentioned PC graphics cards.
If you want additional properties or a PowerPlay Table you can either edit the kexts info.plist to your likings or just use Clover / OpenCore property injection for that.
Should work with Hackintoshes, real Mac Pros and eGPUs. Feel free to test and report your results - especially Geekbench results.
It work for my RX 5700 XT
capture 2020-04-16 à 08.10.36.png

Thanks

New version with support for RX590 and Vega Frontier.
@Leesureone I had someone else test it with OpenCore and it did work fine for him. Issue seems to be on your end.

Attachments

• RadeonBoost.kext.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 623
@Leesureone I had someone else test it with OpenCore and it did work fine for him. Issue seems to be on your end.
Thanks ! It's working perfectly with my Vega 56
Geekbench OpenCL goes from 56991 to 67830 :)

Work also with vega 56 without weg?
Because I've many freezes with my Gigabyte vega 56 never resolved, can you post a little tutorial for understand how I can change my configuration?
Thank's

Back