Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

I have now built a Kext based on Brumbaer's property injector which does the job for Radeon VII, RX 5700, RX 5700 XT, Vega 56, Vega 64 and RX580. All it does is injecting the framebuffer properties of the Apple counterparts of the mentioned PC graphics cards.
If you want additional properties or a PowerPlay Table you can either edit the kexts info.plist to your likings or just use Clover / OpenCore property injection for that.
Should work with Hackintoshes, real Mac Pros and eGPUs. Feel free to test and report your results - especially Geekbench results.

Dude this works great, and Geekbench properly detects the compute engine now as well. Thanks!

Did your score improve?

Did your score improve?

I already was injecting Adder using Clover per the previous instructions so my score was similar to those. GB4 OpenCL 215K vs 150K without.

Last edited:
Hi,
I searched in the past messages but I haven't found anyone who has tested this GPU :

ASUS TUF Gaming TUF 3-RX5700 O8G GAMING

I would like to buy it but I don't want to risk if it's not 100% compatible with Catalina, I have an asus z390-i motherboard with i5-9600kf.

I have now built a Kext based on Brumbaer's property injector which does the job for Radeon VII, RX 5700, RX 5700 XT, Vega 56, Vega 64 and RX580. All it does is injecting the framebuffer properties of the Apple counterparts of the mentioned PC graphics cards.
If you want additional properties or a PowerPlay Table you can either edit the kexts info.plist to your likings or just use Clover / OpenCore property injection for that.
Should work with Hackintoshes, real Mac Pros and eGPUs. Feel free to test and report your results - especially Geekbench results.

First of all, very nice work! My score did improve from SSDT method:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 6.17.06 PM.png

Is that with or without an overclock?

Now add a nice PowerPlay Table overclock to the card and see your scores going through the roof :headbang:

Just checking in, with my Saphire Nitro+ RX5700 XT @mattystonnie SSDT just flat would not work for me, not in OpenCore or Clover. Not as headless and not with IGPU enabled. I tried with or without WEG, with or without agdp=pikera boot argument....nada, zip, zero.

With your kext it works nicely in Clover and I see almost a doubling of my geek bench score. In OpenCore it halts on a critical error and says it can't find the contents of the kext. I tried removing the ExecutablePath line in the config.plist section for Kernel/ Add for kexts that directs it where to look for the contents and that just causes kernel panic.

Any suggestions? Any more information I can provide?

I tried removing the ExecutablePath line in the config.plist section for Kernel/ Add for kexts that directs it where to look for the contents and that just causes kernel panic.

Both info.plist and the executable are necessary, otherwise it won't work. Besides of that I can't help you with OpenCore issues. I only use Clover.

Edit: Btw, can you drop a link to the SSDT of mattystonnie? I have never heard of that guy before and he started accusing me of stealing his work in some other forum. I want to see what he is talking about because I did not steal anything...

Back