Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Just tested the latest Matty 5700XT .aml, along with the PEGP to EGP0 patch.

Geekbench OpenCL score about the same as when injecting the properties. The Compute Device name has returned to being AMD Radeon 5700 XT 50th Anniversary as it was previously (I have 5700XT Liquid Devil, but that's what it used to say previously anyway)

Still need to load WEG, otherwise results in black screen - tried all other Displayport connections on the card, but I don't have a free HDMI cable to test HDMI.

Would we need to do any other patches/renames to be able to not use WEG?

I am not loading WEG with my Red Devil. I don’t have any patches related to the GPU and I am injecting the framebuffer, not using the .aml file. I do have the adgpmod=pikera boot arg but not sure if that makes a difference. Since I’m not loading WEG the compute engine is not identified properly in Geekbench.

Oli use the latest ssdt aml, I see your using the old one.
I compared the old one et the new one and apply the différence to the one you made for me
here the result
Did I made a mistake ?

Attachments

• SSDT-57XT Mattystonnie 2.aml
    1.1 KB · Views: 227
@pastrychef No need to use Araguaia for VII. Will kill some of the ports. It's enough to inject the additional parameters of Araguaia via device properties to get the performance boost with RadeonFramebuffer.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-15 um 13.09.51.jpg

I am using these:
Code:
<key>PrimaryGPU</key>
            <dict>
                <key>ATY,EFIDriverType</key>
                <data>Ag==</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIEnabledMode</key>
                <data>AQ==</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
                <string>01.00.3180</string>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersionB</key>
                <string>113-C944A1XT-014</string>
                <key>CFG_NVV</key>
                <integer>2</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_CNT</key>
                <integer>16</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_MAX</key>
                <integer>300</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_MIN</key>
                <integer>90</integer>
                <key>CFG_TPS1S</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_ACDCGpioDisabled</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_DiDtSQPatternWidthOverride</key>
                <integer>14</integer>
                <key>PP_DiDtSQStallPatternOverride</key>
                <integer>16383</integer>
                <key>PP_DisableDIDT</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_DisablePCCLimitControl</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_DisablePowerContainment</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_FclkGfxClkRatio</key>
                <integer>1036831949</integer>
                <key>PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable</key>     <data>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</data>
                <key>PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

The PowerPlay Table uses 1902MHz GFX Clock and 1100MHz Memory Clock with an undervolt of 1031mV. Not guaranteed to work with all VIIs.

Same should apply to Navi users who switched to Adder and observe a performance / benchmark score boost. Just use the properties of Adder for RadeonFramebuffer and result should be same.

@pastrychef No need to use Araguaia for VII. Will kill some of the ports. It's enough to inject the additional parameters of Araguaia via device properties to get the performance boost with RadeonFramebuffer.
View attachment 462558

I am using these:
Code:
<key>PrimaryGPU</key>
            <dict>
                <key>ATY,EFIDriverType</key>
                <data>Ag==</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIEnabledMode</key>
                <data>AQ==</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
                <string>01.00.3180</string>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersionB</key>
                <string>113-C944A1XT-014</string>
                <key>CFG_NVV</key>
                <integer>2</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_CNT</key>
                <integer>16</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_MAX</key>
                <integer>300</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_MIN</key>
                <integer>90</integer>
                <key>CFG_TPS1S</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_ACDCGpioDisabled</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_DiDtSQPatternWidthOverride</key>
                <integer>14</integer>
                <key>PP_DiDtSQStallPatternOverride</key>
                <integer>16383</integer>
                <key>PP_DisableDIDT</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_DisablePCCLimitControl</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_DisablePowerContainment</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_FclkGfxClkRatio</key>
                <integer>1036831949</integer>
                <key>PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable</key>     <data>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</data>
                <key>PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

The PowerPlay Table uses 1902MHz GFX Clock and 1100MHz Memory Clock with an undervolt of 1031mV. Not guaranteed to work with all VIIs.

Same should apply to Navi users who switched to Adder and observe a performance / benchmark score boost. Just use the properties of Adder for RadeonFramebuffer and result should be same.

I already have PowerPlay Tables set in config.plist (I can't remember the exact settings that I used). When used with Araguaia, I'm getting:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 7.35.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 7.35.58 AM.png

I think that using PowerPlay Table and specific framebuffers together gives the best results.

Edit:
Here are the results for my Vega 56 with PowerPlay Tables + Kamarang framebuffer.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.39.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.40.47 AM.png

You didn't understand me. Check AMD10000Controller to find the additional device properties for Araguaia.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-15 um 16.44.31.jpg
Inject those to your card. No need to actually use the Araguaia framebuffer. Using the additional properties is enough to get the boost. Just inject them to your card along your PPT like demonstrated by me here.

Using Araguaia will kill some of your cards outputs without patching connectors. That's why it is better doing it this way.

You didn't understand me. Check AMD10000Controller to find the additional device properties for Araguaia.
View attachment 462619
Inject those to your card. No need to actually use the Araguaia framebuffer. Using the additional properties is enough to get the boost. Just inject them to your card along your PPT like demonstrated by me here.

Using Araguaia will kill some of your cards outputs without patching connectors. That's why it is better doing it this way.

Ah!! Okay. Now I understand!

Okay. I will try that later.

View attachment 462619

I tested and it works! I'm back on RadeonFramebuffer and performance is still high.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.18.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.18.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.17.37 PM.png

Btw, your PowerPlay Table really makes the fans on my Radeon VII scream. :lol:

Thanks for the info!!!

I have now built a Kext based on Brumbaer's property injector which does the job for Radeon VII, RX 5700, RX 5700 XT, Vega 56, Vega 64 and RX580. All it does is injecting the framebuffer properties of the Apple counterparts of the mentioned PC graphics cards.
If you want additional properties or a PowerPlay Table you can either edit the kexts info.plist to your likings or just use Clover / OpenCore property injection for that.
Should work with Hackintoshes, real Mac Pros and eGPUs. Feel free to test and report your results - especially Geekbench results.

Attachments

• RadeonBoost.kext.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 992
Last edited:
@CMMChris

Thanks too for your hardwork.
If I have well understand you (tell me if I haven't):
-To get the boost with your last technique (post #830) we only need your kext and erase any other adder etc... injection in device properties / delete the SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml (we don't even use your post #825 inject technique?)
-I knew your post on the Rx 5700 xt powerplay tables but everything is deleted, where can I get again the table and which settings are good/essential to get additional boost.
-When you said "additional properties", what kind of properties you were thinking about?

Thanks in advance

we only need your kext and erase any other adder

Correct, no need to use Adder framebuffer. The kext adds Adder's properties to the RadeonFramebuffer which should result in the same Geekbench score increase.

I knew your post on the Rx 5700 xt powerplay tables but everything is deleted, where can I get again the table and which settings are good/essential to get additional boost.

Google for "rx 5700 xt powerplay table generator" and you will find it ;)

When you said "additional properties", what kind of properties you were thinking about?

PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable, PP_DisablePowerContainment, @X,AAPL,boot-display... stuff like that. All of that stuff can either be added to the kexts info.plist or injected through the bootloader. Whatever you prefer.

Back