Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Still Won't turn off. Don't worry about it, I'll figure it out.

Let me understand the problem.

The fans turns on then it never turns off? You know they turn off when it reaches 35C and it is hard to do that.

It seems that I always had safari DRM but I need it to use HDMI not Display Port.
That's right DRM video works only with HDMI cable.

Let me understand the problem.

The fans turns on then it never turns off? You know they turn off when it reaches 35C and it is hard to do that.

Correct. When I boot they are off but if they ever come on, they will not turn off below 35C and always run at 700RPM

Correct. When I boot they are off but if they ever come on, they will not turn off below 35C and always run at 700RPM

Sooo I wil make them turn off at 40 C or 45 C, more easy to reach and turn on at 50C?

Just tested with using the "Adder" framebuffer with my 5700xt. Added the properties to my config.plist, WEG loaded with agdpmod=pikera. EFI Driver Version shown in System Information as "EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180" and I can see that framebuffer is used by checking IORegistryExplorer.

Geekbench 4 Results - OpenCL Benchmark:

Previously was: 157648
With the Adder framebuffer: 208772

If it turns out to be stable, I'll certainly take it. Thanks for the info mattstonnie.

So i manage to improve the injection, I think it's close to perfection.

To install just drag and drop into EFI folder->CLOVER->ACPI->Patched , remove WEG, no need for device properties injection. You may need agdpmod=pikera, for me it worked without it, I booted fine.

Safari DRM content only works with HDMI cable.

For RX 5500XT, RX 5700XT/5600XT, RX Vega 64.

Attachments

• SSDT-NAVI-RX 5500XT.aml
    423 bytes · Views: 200
  • SSDT-NAVI-RX5700XT.aml
    433 bytes · Views: 410
  • SSDT-VEGA-64.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 249
Would this work with OpenCore?

So i manage to improve the injection, I think it's close to perfection.

To install just drag and drop into EFI folder->CLOVER->ACPI->Patched , remove WEG, no need for device properties injection. You may need agdpmod=pikera, for me it worked without it, I booted fine.

Safari DRM content only works with HDMI cable.

For RX 5500XT, RX 5700XT/5600XT, RX Vega 64.

Holy smokes!! I used Araguaia for my Radeon VII on OpenCore...

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.33.29 PM.png

Thanks for the info @mattystonnie !!

@mattystonnie

Thank you so much! I got a huge increase in the power of my Sapphire AMD 5700 XT Pulse

Here are my values before and after enabling the freebuffer in OpenCore.

Geekbench 5

Before:

Metal
метал.jpg

OpenCL
OpenCL.jpg

After:

Metal
Metal.jpg

OpenCL
OpenCL.jpg

Back