Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

Guys,

do you think the PowerColor RX 5600XT Red Dragon is compatible and works in Catalina 10.15.3?
thanks!

EDIT

If you are looking for SILENCE, you must build a water custom loop.
Even at absolutelly full load I almost forgot that I have something runing around me (absolutelly silent)
This AIB cards (not reference from AMD versions) has less vram amd vrm quality components and they are more expensive than reference version (around 100US or 800 brazilian reais for me, that is almost triple the price of a GPU water block, I looked for asus strix 3fan version and sapphire nitro+ 3fan version).

If I were you I would go with reference card and with the money saved I would start building the loop.
My temps at full load (heaven test 10min longer) with water loop on GPU and CPU (i9 9900ks):
CPU 50~60c (at load)
GPU 44~49c (at load)
GPU HOTSPOT 57~67c (at load)
GPU VRM 65~70 (at load)
GPU CLOCK 1950 without Thermal throttling

My card is Power Color Radeon rx 5700 xt Reference Edition (single blower cooler version)

Temps at full load (running heaven on windows for 10minutes) with AIR cooler (high noise, fan curve not even at max rpm, can reach 4800rpm, absolutelly noisely)

below I will attach the GPU-Z Sensor Log of heaven at water cooler running benchmark test
(you can see at log that the gpu clock is running smooth over 1900mhz)

View attachment 447152

Temps runing Heaven for 10min longer at water cooler

View attachment 447187

Water blocked with Bykski reference block (thermal pads side)

View attachment 447151

Block installed (this block can handle the original backplace whitout any issue)

View attachment 447148

Old pic before change GPU water block

View attachment 447149
I'm planning to get a RX 5700 8GB and then get a Bykski GPU block.
Can you recommend that block? Is it working properly?
Do you think the Radeon RX 5700 MECH GP OC would work in Catalina?

Guys,

do you think the PowerColor RX 5600XT Red Dragon is compatible and works in Catalina 10.15.3?
thanks!
I just got my XFX 5600XT working on an older build. So far stable with iMac14,2 as ProductName, with Intel graphics disabled in BIOS, alongside agdpmod=pikera and shikigva=16 for DRM. One wrinkle was that I was getting bootloops from Lilu as long as I had Intel framebuffer patching defined in my config.plist Once I removed these two DSDT patches, the boot was quick and painless.

I just got my XFX 5600XT working on an older build. So far stable with iMac14,2 as ProductName, with Intel graphics disabled in BIOS, alongside agdpmod=pikera and shikigva=16 for DRM. One wrinkle was that I was getting bootloops from Lilu as long as I had Intel framebuffer patching defined in my config.plist Once I removed these two DSDT patches, the boot was quick and painless.
What patches are you talking about in config.plist??
Thanks!!

DRM not working in Safari in 10.15.4 all betas and most of ProductNames
5700XT
IGPU disabled

Last edited:
Did anyone managed to get the GPU and other graphics sensors working on the 5700 XT? Activity and VRAM is working but no fan speed or core temp. Any help would be appreciated. Just replaced my Vega 56 with this one and suddenly my sensor reading is gone

What patches are you talking about in config.plist??
Thanks!!
I'm referring to the Framebuffer patches used to configure Intel HD 4x00 graphics -- in my case, as headless. These are the ones used with WhateverGreen to get discrete and CPU graphics to work together, and come in two parts. The first renames GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT <Patches> section, and the second sets an intel graphics platform ID. They look like so in config.plist:
XML:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Intel GPU PM- Rename GFX0 to IGPU</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    R0ZYMA==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SUdQVQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
and
XML:
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BAASBA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

Is this any good? Is it on par with most 5700 XT'S

Attachments

• heaven.jpg
    heaven.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 90
  • valley.jpg
    valley.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 74
Did anyone managed to get the GPU and other graphics sensors working on the 5700 XT? Activity and VRAM is working but no fan speed or core temp. Any help would be appreciated. Just replaced my Vega 56 with this one and suddenly my sensor reading is gone
If you are using clover and fakesmc from Slice, I think there is modified RadeonMonitor.kext for 5700 that should show temps,speed, etc

If you are using clover and fakesmc from Slice, I think there is modified RadeonMonitor.kext for 5700 that should show temps,speed, etc
Thank you so much for the reply. Do you have a link for this kext? I am using smc2 clover and fakesmc. I have various plugins but not the modified radeon one

Back