Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Navi GPU

I can’t select IGPU. There are no other options for integrated graphics in BIOS. I think IGPU is disabled. But I do not know how to check.

Are you sure the problem is in IGPU? This used to work with Sierra and Nvidia.

Sapphire RX 5600 XT Pulse is working!

My problem was in config.plist -> ACPI -> DSDT -> Fixes -> AddHDMI.

I use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC and it's working well.
Could you share your EFI folder? which software that you are using to check core clock temps and other infos? istat menus? Mine here is out of information

1580160534248.png

For temps I'm using Slice Fakesmc along with modified RadeonMonitor.kexts for Navi (I can provide if you need them), however all I can see is temps in real time with iStatMenus app with clock/processor bars, no numbers tho.

View attachment 436071View attachment 436072

About the errors I have no idea, my Sapphire reference 5700XT runs flawlessly on anything I'm testing it with, not even a fan problem as it was with my Vega 64.
You might need a fresh install or maybe new version release to have even more stability I think.

Could you share your EFI folder? thx in advanced

I am planing to buy the MSI rx 5700 xt gaming because I am looking for silence.
Please if anyone has something to say, anything in particular I should be aware of, so please do.
is it safer and wiser to go with the nitro instead ? long term support and so on..
Am I going to use the imac 17,1 as always or need to change it?
this is still related to the cpu and not gpu right ?

Last edited:
I am planing to buy the MSI rx 5700 xt gaming because I am looking for silence.
Please if anyone has something to say, anything in particular I should be aware of, so please do.
is it safer and wiser to go with the nitro instead ? long term support and so on..
Am I going to use the imac 17,1 as always or need to change it?
this is still related to the cpu and not gpu right ?

EDIT

If you are looking for SILENCE, you must build a water custom loop.
Even at absolutelly full load I almost forgot that I have something runing around me (absolutelly silent)
This AIB cards (not reference from AMD versions) has less vram amd vrm quality components and they are more expensive than reference version (around 100US or 800 brazilian reais for me, that is almost triple the price of a GPU water block, I looked for asus strix 3fan version and sapphire nitro+ 3fan version).

If I were you I would go with reference card and with the money saved I would start building the loop.
My temps at full load (heaven test 10min longer) with water loop on GPU and CPU (i9 9900ks):
CPU 50~60c (at load)
GPU 44~49c (at load)
GPU HOTSPOT 57~67c (at load)
GPU VRM 65~70 (at load)
GPU CLOCK 1950 without Thermal throttling

My card is Power Color Radeon rx 5700 xt Reference Edition (single blower cooler version)

Temps at full load (running heaven on windows for 10minutes) with AIR cooler (high noise, fan curve not even at max rpm, can reach 4800rpm, absolutelly noisely)

below I will attach the GPU-Z Sensor Log of heaven at water cooler running benchmark test
(you can see at log that the gpu clock is running smooth over 1900mhz)

1580237080601.png

Temps runing Heaven for 10min longer at water cooler

1580243919039.png

Water blocked with Bykski reference block (thermal pads side)

1580236862761.png

Block installed (this block can handle the original backplace whitout any issue)

1580236782860.png

Old pic before change GPU water block

1580236829599.png

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    175.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I'm running this Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB from Powercolor:

The system is a X299.
It works great BUT one thing.
Out of 4 ports (3 DP and 1 HDMI) only 2 work (1DP 1 HDMI), the other 2 (2 DP) show a black screen.
Is there a patching available to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot.

I'm running this Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB from Powercolor:

The system is a X299.
It works great BUT one thing.
Out of 4 ports (3 DP and 1 HDMI) only 2 work (1DP 1 HDMI), the other 2 (2 DP) show a black screen.
Is there a patching available to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot.
Same issue with my reference 5700XT. Using WEG kext along with the agpmod=pikera and proper GFX0 naming using SSDT resolved it for me.

Same issue with my reference 5700XT. Using WEG kext along with the agpmod=pikera and proper GFX0 naming using SSDT resolved it for me.
Thanks for your reply!
If I use the latest WEG I get a black screen altogether. I can retry.
Is agpmod=pikera a boot flag?
I've done a SSDT where the card shows GFX0, can you share yours?

Update Solved!!
- WEG + agpmod=pikera + SSDT and it works great...

Last edited:
Reactions: dez
Hello !

I will buy this card, can you confirm it's working flawlessly ? Which patch did you apply ? Only AddHDMI in ACPI -> Fixes ? or some more ?

Thanks !

Hello!

I confirm, RX5600XT is still good working (include HEVC and H264 coding) by using standart settings for Navi cards (Disabled IGP, Lilu, WEG, agdpmod=pikera, SMBIOS ProductName=iMacPro1,1).

I had to patch AddHDMI because I try used my old config file.

Back